Face lift and botox?

I am 25 african american female. I would like to get a face lift and full botox. What are the average prices of the surgery and injections and can they be done same day? What are some other anti aging procedures would you reccomend for mature skin like mine?

Face lift surgery is not appropriate at 25

+3

You have provided no pictures or clinical history to explain why you are seeking "face lift" surgery at the age of 25 (Mature skin?). It would be highly unusual to have such a drastic procedure done at such a young age. I'm not even sure that Botox is even necessary at this age. I would definitely recommend speaking with a general or facial plastic surgeon regarding your concerns. As for concurrent facelift surgery and Botox, I do not recommend it or see any need for it. If you inject the Botox right before the surgery, you risk diffusion and unnecessary confusion as to possible muscle weakness being attributed to surgery. The face may be too swollen to do a good Botox injection after the surgery. I would recommend either 4 weeks before or after the face lift for Botox injection.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 25

+2

I don't think that a facelift is an appropriate or recommended procedure for a 25 year old female. Perhaps you should consult with a reputable plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and Botox

+1
Without having included your photos or seeing you in office, it is difficult to say what may be the best treatment option for you. You are in the right age range to start anti-aging/preventive therapy. I would recommend consulting with your local board certified facial plastic surgeon.
Many of my patients start treatments with Botox in their 20s for preventative measures, while others decide to wait until they start seeing fine lines and wrinkles. By the time patients have deep set lines, structural changes, and volume loss they are a candidate for more radical corrections such as a facelift, facial re-voluminzation, and chemical peels/laser resurfacing.
Sunscreen and good skin care are a great place to start with or without Botox/Xeomin/Dysport, dermal fillers, or Ultherapy.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift and botox?

+1

A 25 year old is usually not a candidate for facelift.  Fillers or Botox may be appropriate.

Considering facelift at age 25

+1

Facelift is a powerful surgical procedure to rejuvenate the facial appearance on patients with significant signs of facial aging. This surgery require visible scars in front of the ears that are could be quite visible if performed before the age of 50-55 year old. Young patients with early signs of aging should refrain from undergoing facelift surgery because the above reason.

Young patients with early signs of facial aging should consider undergoing minimally invasive facial enhancement procedures that do not require visible scars. Facial augmentation with patient’s own fat (a.k.a. stem cell facelift or fat transfer to the face, see link below) is a reasonable alternative to traditional facelift in young patients. Additionally, facial implants, since placed through intra-oral incisions (not visible incisions) is another alternative.

Young patients (above 18 years old) may use Botox ™ for treatment of early rhytids and prevention of expression

John Mesa, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Try other options

+1

I agree 100% with other Surgeons here, a facelift is not the way to go and you open yourself up to considerable risk.

There are other options, paricularly if you have "mature skin." Good skin care is key. Another procedure if you are concerned about some slightly loose skin involves radiofrequency skin tightening. Its basically a non-invasive means to get a little bit of extra-tightening.

But you really need to speak to a physician regarding all these options.

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 25

+1

A face-lift at 25 years old is an absolute contraindication, and no serious surgeon would consider it. A healthy individual cannot possibly have sagging or other problems that need to be addressed by face-lift surgery at the age of 25. Botox may be appropriate here to prevent excessive muscle action in the glabella and forehead area and lessen the future development of permanent lines. Please see a good surgeon and get proper advice on these matters.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 25?

+1

very very unusual. Infact I would dissuade you strongly. There are many other alternatives. I have facelifted patients in their 30's but this is usually secondary to yoyo weight gain and loss and excess skin. Consider non surgical alternatives.

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and Botox at 25? Botox maybe, facelift definitely not.

+1

Without seeing several photos or meeting you, it is impossible to make specific recommendations. However, Botox can be used in people in their 20s to improve frown lines and prevent the creation of facial wrinkles. A facelift in the 20s is never the answer unless someone has had massive weight loss. However, even with massive weight loss we try to discourage a person from pursuing facelift surgery in their 20s. Please seek an in-person consultation with a highly experienced plastic surgeon to get a better idea of what will and will not help you. If they recommend a facelift, keep looking for a more reasonable set of recommendations.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and Botox for 25 year old

+1

You don't mention what it is about your face that is concerning you or provide photos. It would not be typical for a 25 year old to need a facelift, as this procedure is usually for those who have skin that has lost elasticity and has begun to sag with gravity. This rarely happens before someone is in their 40's or 50's. Botox is sometimes used by younger women who want to prevent facial wrinkling, but 25 would be very young to begin this procedure as well. A typical 25 year might consider a good skin care regimen and use of sunscreens to prevent future skin damage. Speak to a board certified plastic surgeon about your concerns.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon