What estimate would you place on the type of rhinoplasty I would need? (photo)

I'm ethnic and come from multiracial background. I want a more narrow nose with refined tip and nostrils. Less bulbous. How much would this run me?

Cost of rhinoplasty

+1
Rhinoplasty cost depends on amount of work (doctor's time) required to fix the problem. In your case, middle and lower third of your nose (especially the tip) need the most attention (lateral and submental views would further help to decision making process). It can take any where from 2.5 to 4 hours and cost can range from $5500-$8000. This fee includes facility and anesthesia fee.

Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
You definitely need the tip refined. Unfortunately, you have not provided us a lateral view to see if you need a chin augmentation at the same time. Rhinoplasty is approximately $8,000 and a chin augmentation done at the same time would be another $2,000. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a rhinoplasty

+1

The bulbous tip repair is performed with cartilage suturing techniques of the lower lateral cartilages and the conservative cartilage removal when necessary. Osteotomies are required to narrow the bridge line. Our price list and rhinoplasty photo gallery are located on the link below

Cost of rhinoplasty depends on your nose, your surgeon, and your part of the country

+1

This is a common and important question, but difficult to be specific. Rhinoplasty (and all cosmetic procedures) vary quite a bit from city to city and in different areas of the country. In addition, the experience and reputation of your doctor will influence the price.

Surgical costs for rhinoplasty start in the $4,000 range and increase from there. There may also be associated fees for the facility and anesthesia. In general, you will get a customized and detailed surgical quote after your consultation. Be sure to seek out an experienced surgeon. He/she will be able to discuss the best plan for your nose in detail.

Based on the one photograph, your stated goals of a more refined tip and narrow base should be achievable.

Yours in good health, MKB

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

What rhinoplasty for multi-racial, ethnic noses?

+1

As our country reflect more the"melting pot" that we are, we will see more "multi-racial, ethnic" people until there is so much mixing that we just call everyone American. There are different features of different races, ethnic groups and these have the most impact on face shape and bone structure. For example, those from northern Europe of Nordic or Celtic background have different features than American Indian or Mongolian or eastern European or Middle Eastern or Oriental.

It is best to see how different noses of different background look before and after. There are similarities to different cultural differences, but what is critically important is to preserve ethnicity. It is okay to have "more refinement" but not to turn an Asian or Oriental to a Caucasian.

Truth is beauty is associated with refined features. So it is not uncommon if the features are broad or coarse or lack projection to "create more refinement", but having a surgical procedure. It must be customized for you.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty cost

+1

Looks like you would benefit from a tip reduction Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping) that should cost about $4500-$5000. Recovery should be about a week or less. You are a good candidate based on the one photo.

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

What estimate would you place on the type of rhinoplasty I would need?

+1

I think that your goals are achievable with regard to tip refinement and alar base reduction. This may cost $5000 on the low end.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA