Dysport or Botox ?

I am 45 I want to get the most for my money. Dysport or Botox? Which filler ? I want to go my forhead crows and frown lines. Nasal fold if my wallet permits.

About the same but...

+1

In most patients Botox and Dysport have about the same affect.  However, in a few patients I have seen a bit more of a brow lift with Dysport.  Also, sometimes it seems to spread up a little into the mid forehead.  I would try one product at a time, 3 months apart. By the way, neither is a filler.  They are neuromodulators, botulinum toxin that paralyzes muscle.  Fillers are products like Radiesse, Belotero, Restylane, Perlane, and Juvederm.  Each of those has different properties depending on where and how they are injected. 

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coke or Pepsi?

+1

Personally, I think that Dysport and Botox are pretty equivalent in terms of a neurotoxin.  Neither one is a filler. They efface lines of animation.

So many great options for that youthful look.

+1

Botox and Dysport are usually the same price per area: 1 area is $300, 2 areas 550 and all 3 areas $750 (frown lines between eyebrows, forehead creases, and crow's feet smile lines on the sides of the eyes) and both last 3-4 months on average with Dysport possibly lasting 1 month longer in some cases. Fillers for the nasolabial creases is restylane,juvederm ($550/ 1cc syringe) using 1-2 syringes and lasting 6 months or Radiesse ($650/ 1.5cc syringe) and usually needing 1 syringe and lasting 1 yr.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botosx vs Dysport

+1

There is very little difference in the two products.  Although people will say Dysport costs less per unit, you need to use more units than Botox to get the same results.  I personally think that there is no need for both in an office.  The way you get the best treatment for the best price is to go to an experience injector who can carefully place the correct number of units in the proper muscle group to give you the results you deserve.  Correct placement makes all the difference in getting results and keeping the units as low as possible.  One other caution:  amount is important as well.  If you undertreat a muscle group you will get relaxation but the effect will not last as long.  Correct dose:correct placement is the key.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport or botox

+1

I think both products are equally effective in improving the wrinkles in the the forehead, frown lines and crow's feet. Both products are usually priced similarly.  Often there are rebates or practice specials that can distinguish the cost of the two products.  As mentioned in a previous post, don't just look at price/unit as Botox and Dysport are formulated differently so the units are not the same.  There are several fillers available for nasal folds.  The hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane are usually fairly equivalent in price.  Radiesse is another filler that can be used in the smile lines.  Its difficult to give any specific recommendations without evaluating you in person or seeing a photo.  

Jessica Kulak, MD
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport or Botox ?

+1

Botox and Dysport (and Xeomin) are neuromodulators that are used to selectively relax specific facial muscles to soften lines and wrinkles that result from muscle movement. Botox and Dysport are essentially equivalent though many injectors have a favorite. They work in a very similar fashion. In most practices the cost for a given result (such as elimination of frown lines) is the same with Botox or Dysport. Dysport fans will tell you that it is cheaper per unit which is correct. However, you need over twice as many units to get the same result you would with Botox. Therefore, the cost is roughly the same. Choose and experienced injector and pose this question to them. The vast majority of patients love the results of treatment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon