Which Drug is Used for General Anesthesia for Brazilian Butt Lift, or Any Cosmetic Surgery?

I was reading an article that said the drug isoflurane used as an inhaled anesthetic, can cause Alzheimer's. Another anesthetic desflurane did not have the same effect.

Types of Anesthesia

+1

In cosmetic surgery, we often refer to three distinct choices when it comes to anesthesia: local, IV or General Anesthesia. In general, my bias is to use as minimal sedation as possible, but ensure that the patient does not feel or remember anything.

Dr. Todd Hobelmann, a board certified anesthesiologist who works with us, is experienced with various types of anesthesia and always caters to the patient's needs. In most cases he prefers IV anesthesia (twilight) over general anesthesia for patient comfort and safety.

Make sure that anesthesia is something you discuss during your consult with your board certified plastic surgeon. And make sure the anesthesiologist is also board certified and that you're totally comfortable with all of the choices surrounding your surgery.

Ricardo L Rodriguez MD

Anesthesia drugs for cosmetic surgery

+1

Every anesthesiologist has his own technique for anesthesia and a selection of various drugs.   These drugs are tailored to the specific needs of the patient.   There is no formula or specific drug used for a facelift or a butt lift.  Anesthesiologists will call and discuss your anesthesia weeks or months in advance.  One of our anesthesiologists, Dr Bruce Halperin is especially excellent at preparing patients for surgery and anesthesia with a detailed anesthesia consult.  I consider this as a very important part of the surgery consult in fact.   So drugs to be used depend on you, your health history, do you have problems such as hypertension, allergies, diabetes, seizures, cancer, heart trouble, etc etc.  There are many excellent drugs and the best combination is chosen for each surgery and patient.   The anesthesia is as detailed  and customized as your surgery.  Talk to your anesthesiologist and all will be explained in great detail.  My Best Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon