Can a Black Nose Be Transformed? (photo)

Hello I am african american and I have a flat wide nose that resembles rihanna's. I want a nose that is thinner, project from the face and has a cute triangular tip. Similar to the photos. Is this possible? I live in miami and I want to find a surgeon that can achieve this on an african american nose.

Refining nose

+1

I think that based upon skin quality differences while your nsoe could be made thinner your tissue thickness may limit your final refinement..

Rhinoplasty on African American

+1

We hear this concern all the time. With an experienced nose surgeon you should get the desired result you want. We have many patients fly from Miami here to Los Angeles for this procedure. If you are interested in doing a virtual consultation feel free to contact us

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

African American rhinoplasty

+1

With rhinoplasty surgery, it is possible to narrow the nose, add projection, and refine the nasal tip. Looking at your photos, it appears improvements can be made. However, an in-person assessment and thorough exam would be necessary to determine exactly what would be performed during surgery to help you reach your goals. When looking for surgeons in Miami, I would recommend looking for the following:

1) Great credentials
2) A good amount of before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's results
3) Patient testimonials
4) Fellowship training

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a Black Nose Be Transformed?

+1

The only limitation will be the thickness of the skin.  Other parts of the nose can be reduced in size to get you close to the picture.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

African American rhinoplasty.

+1

African American rhinoplasty can refine the tip of the nose and make the base of the nose  less wide. Furthermore the tip can be further projected as well. The limiting factor is the thickness of the skin as well as the skill of the surgeon. Pick a very experienced surgeon who does a large number of African-American noses.