Should I Get a Juvederm Injected to my Lips?

So this is my sad story.. I have an underbite.. and I cant have surgery because its superrrr expensive. I have very low self-esteem because of that and Me having Thin lips makes it worse for me because my underbite is more obvious for the side.. so I was wondering if you think getting juvederm or lip augmentation is better to make my lips way more full, with volume and plumped? Help me please :)

Should I have Juvederm injected into my lips?

+1

Juvederm is a fantastic filler to use for lip augmentation. It is really soft and yields a great and natural looking result. If you have thin lips, a conservative lip augmentation with Juvederm can definitely help improve your appearance. From here, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified physician who has a great deal of experience performing lip augmentation. He/she may use computer imaging software, which will allow you to get an idea of how the result may appear. Thank you, and I hope this helps!

Will Juvederm in the lips help an underbite?

+1

Juvederm is an excellent filler for the lips. It is a soft, smooth filler that can add volume to thin lips. It may help your appearance and it's worth a try. If you don't like it,  it is reversible!

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm for lips...

+1

Fixing the appearance of an underbite can be challenging and expensive as you know.  While using Juvederm will not remove the underbite appearance, it is a great way to give your lips a fuller look.  It immediately adds volume to the lips with a quick, simple, and relatively inexpensive injection in the office.  There may be some minor swelling and bruising, but that should resolve in a day or two.  There is no downtime to this procedure so you proceed with your daily activities.  Be sure to find an experienced injector for a consultation. 

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial harmony and balance is critical with lip augmentation

+1

I would certainly recommend that you seek a consultation with a qualified facial plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns about your appearance and help decide what the best option is for you.  Without photographs, more specific recommendations are not possible.

In general, lip augmentation may be a good option for you, and you have several different options.  Injectable fillers like Juvederm and Restylane are easy, quick procedures which can nicely augment the lips.  These have little down time but are temporary.

A surgical lip augmentation may be a good option, and will give long lasting results.

Regardless of the technique used, your surgeon will make sure that you have natural lip projection.

The most important consideration is to keep your face balanced in its appearance.  If you do have an underbite, you do not want to over do the lips, which might even make the underbite appear more dramatic from a side view.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for the lips

+1

Juvederm is a terrific filler for the lips, and Restylane is also quite nice. I find these fillers generally last 4-8 months when injected in the lips and this is a terrific starting point as it is incredibly safe in experienced & trained hands.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Fuller lips

+1

Since money is a consideration then I think long term a lip implant would be better.Juvaderm may last 4 or more months then it's back again so maybe a lip implant would be a btter choice, 

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in lower lip can help disguise an overbite

+1

Balance is very important in the face in general but especially on the lips.  The "perfect" lips have an upper lip that appears to be 2/3 - 3/4 the volume of the lower lip, never bigger.  If you have an underbite or overbite, your upper lip, even of thin, can give the impression that it is too small or bigger than your lower lip.  In Orange County Juvederm injections in lips are very popular and can frequently improve the aesthetic balance in lips such as yours using Juvederm. Just make sure you have a very experienced injector with artistic talent treat you.  Good luck.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm into lips with thin lips and underbite

+1

I would consult a very experienced physician injector for this special situation. Juvederm (or Restylane) can be used well in the lips, especially to fill very small lips, but a good ratio for injection needs to be followed or it could make your underbite even more obvious. Remember that with lip fillers you are going to need to keep doing them, so if cost is prohibitive, remember this isn't a one-time fix procedure!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Thin lips and underbite

+1

Juvederm or any hyaluronic acid filler is a good option to improve the volume in the lip which then can reduce the aesthetic effect of an underbite. If cost is an issue, you should also look into the option of getting a permanent implant in the lip.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in the lips

+1

Dear Cici,

• Yes, Juvederm may help give you the extra lip volume to balance out the face
  • It depends on your anatomy and pictures would help with this
  • I would expect subtle, but nice changes, if you put too much, it could look weird
  • Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD