2 weeks post op open rhinoplasty to correct deviated septum, I am not able to breath. Is this normal?

I had a open rhinoplasty two weeks ago to correct my deviated septum to be able to breath and hump reduction. The hump is gone, and i actually like the shape of my nose but i am not able to breath, i have done everything as per doctor's instruction 4 times a day the saline nasal spray, clean my nose with Q-tip and hydrogen peroxide and nothing seems to work. The doctor even recommended Afrin. I am really worried the main reason i did this surgery it was to improve my breathing.

Don't worry - yet

+1
2 weeks after your procedure is much too early to be concerned. There will still be a lot of internal swelling, which takes 6 or more weeks to resolve. If you are still having problems by then, you should see your surgeon for a check.
Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Septal surgery

+1
You are still in the early post op period and all the swelling has not resolve.  It may take several weeks to a few months to realize the final result.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

2 weeks post op open rhinoplasty to correct deviated septum, I am not able to breath. Is this normal? Melisita Miami Beach,

+1
Most likely normal but ONLY in person nasal examination can determine if things are ok. Best to see your operative surgeon to examine you.. 

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1
It is not unusual to have some degree of stuffiness and difficulty breathing for a few weeks after Rhinoplasty surgery.  I recommend that you discontinue the Afrin, which provides only short term relief and rebound congestion.  In fact, Afrin may slow your recovery and is potentially addictive. You should start to have significant improvement in the next 3-4 weeks.  Keep in close contact with your Surgeon for ongoing evaluations and reassurance.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon