BBL Without Weight Gain - S. Fl?

I'm 5'8" 159 pounds, curvy. Ive had 1 consultation in which the Dr. suggested I gain atleast 15 pounds before fat transfer. Im not willing to do this as Im not happy w as much as I weigh presently. Id like to post photos.... He explained because my butt is already pretty big it wld take a significant amount of fat to see a difference after surgery. How much weight wld it require to transfer 1100cc of good fat to each cheek? Its hard to believe that I dont have enough fat already.

BBL Without Weight Gain - S. Fl?

+2

Greetings, thank you very much for your question, it is very difficult to answer your question without an evaluation or seeing your pictures , BBL is a procedure  that is highly dependent on the surgeon's experience but depends mainly on the amount of fat present in certain areas regardless of patient  weight , if your surgeon recommended  you  to gain weight  you will most likely not have enough accumulated subcutaneous fat to carry out this procedure, good luck

Weight gain prior to BBL

+2

Hi and thanks for your question.  It is difficult to answer your question without seeing your photos, since the fat grafting technique depends very much on the amount of sub-cutaneous fat that you have.  Typically the most stubborn areas of fat are the best for fat grafting, typically the abdominal, flank or thigh areas.  Please post photos so I can give you a better answer if you need to gain weight.  Good luck!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

BBL Without Weight Gain - S. Fl?

+2

Thank you for yur question.  It is not necessarilly how much weight you need to gain.  The important question is how many areas your doctor was planning on liposuctioning to get the fat.  I usually like to do 3 areas to make sure we have enough good fat to transfer.  Instead of having to gain more weight, you may just need to have taken from more areas to get enough fat.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

BBL Without Weight Gain - S. Fl?

+2

The Brazilian buttlift is very much surgeon and technique dependent.  I typically get 5 liters from the liposuction and transfer 1200 cc to 1800 cc per buttock.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL

+1

i am able to harvest anywhere from 750cc. to 1,100 cc. of pure fat from a total volume of 5000 cc. that is liposuctioned. I do not like to reccommend weight gain prior to surgery

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS