2nd Round BBL with Local Anesthesia?

If it is only a touch up and a small amount of fat is removed (around 300cc), is it OK to have a fat grafting to the buttocks under local anesthesia? Is it painful and is it safe?

2nd Round BBL with Local Anesthesia?

In this special situation this may be reasonable due to the small amount of fat harvested and injected. I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat injection to buttocks under local

I think that buttock augmentation under local only will be very uncomfortable. Yes cheaper, but more painful. I wouldn't want it for myself that way.

Liposuction & Fat Graft (BBL) Reasonable with Local Anesthesia, In Some Situations

Yes, your surgeon may safely and effectively perform Brazilian Butt Lift under only local anesthesia, or local anesthesia plus oral sedation medications. You should select a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in fat grafting and local anesthesia. Talk to them about their experience and your expectations.

In my practice, I would consider 300cc a significant amount of fat removed and transferred to the buttock, and would no typically perform this under local anesthesia alone.

Second round treatments are often a good idea to plan form the start, in order to achieve the best buttock enhancement.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon