2nd Round BBL with Local Anesthesia?

If it is only a touch up and a small amount of fat is removed (around 300cc), is it OK to have a fat grafting to the buttocks under local anesthesia? Is it painful and is it safe?

2nd Round BBL with Local Anesthesia?

+2

In this special situation this may be reasonable due to the small amount of fat harvested and injected. I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat injection to buttocks under local

+1

I think that buttock augmentation under local only will be very uncomfortable. Yes cheaper, but more painful. I wouldn't want it for myself that way.

Liposuction & Fat Graft (BBL) Reasonable with Local Anesthesia, In Some Situations

+1

Yes, your surgeon may safely and effectively perform Brazilian Butt Lift under only local anesthesia, or local anesthesia plus oral sedation medications. You should select a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in fat grafting and local anesthesia. Talk to them about their experience and your expectations.

In my practice, I would consider 300cc a significant amount of fat removed and transferred to the buttock, and would no typically perform this under local anesthesia alone.

Second round treatments are often a good idea to plan form the start, in order to achieve the best buttock enhancement.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon