Is my Breast Being Asymmetrical and Smaller Than Intended Reason Enough to Have my PS Redo my Breasts?

I am 5'9, 120 lbs, 32A before operation and I am 2 weeks postop. My PS and I intended for me to be a C with this breast augmentation. One is significantly smaller than the other and they are barely full B's. To my understanding, they usually lose some volume during the healing process, as well. I would like to have a second surgery to fix them. What I am wondering is if this is reason enough for my PS to redo it; I hope the policy applies as to only having to pay operating fees.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
The reason to do a revision surgery is two fold, one there has to be a visual change that is needed or desired and two there must be a reliable way to get the patient there

Asymmetry post augmentation

+1

at two weeks post op it is too early to evaluate size and symmetry. I encourage my patients to wait 3-6 months. The bottom line is I want the patient to be happy with her result. If their is obvious assymetry, and I think I can improve it,then I do the surgery as included in the original fee,the patient does pay for operating room expense. If the patient wants to be smaller or larger, then I ask her to wait 6-12 months to be sure. Then ,if she still wants tto change sizes- will do her surgery as part of her original fee, once again she pays for the o.r. and new implant. Once again I want a happy patient, who will refer me new patients.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical and Smaller Than Intended

+1

Two weeks is way too early to evaluate for symmetry and size. The implants are under the pectoral muscles (usually) which, until those muscles relax to accommodate the implants, will flatten them somewhat, altering their shape and apparent size, and they usually do so differently, as each of the two muscles are different. 

As to sizing, there are no standards to define cup size. Office policies may vary, and need to be discussed with your surgeon. What I may do in my office will have no bearing on what your surgeon does.

Patience. All the best. 

Size after breast augmentati

+1
Your size may not change significantly, but the symmetry and shape of the breasts can change a lot over the next 6 months. Many plastic surgeons have policies in place to waive their own fees for revision surgeries. There can be additional costs related to the operating room, anesthesia, and new implants however. Your surgeon may not be able (or willing) to cover these costs depending on the circumstances.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about Breast Size and Symmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although I can understand your concerns, I'm sure you are aware that it is too early to evaluate the end results of procedure performed at this point. Some degree of breast asymmetry and/or concerns about breast size are  very common at this stage in your recovery.

Best to continue to be patient  and evaluate the end results of the procedure 3 to 6 months from now.