What is the Best Way to Get Rid of Fibrosis After Liposuction?

I'm from Mexico, so, sorry for my english. I had my first liposuction two years ago, which left me with fibrosis and fat pockets on my waist, back and abs. I got a liposuction revision three days ago with tumescent technique. The next day I already had a huge banana shape fibrosis on top of my belly button. I'm going to start ultrasound therapy tomorrow, but I want to know the best treatment available to get rid of it. I'm really scared that it will stay again. What's your best advice?

Swelling Early After Liposuction

+1

Fibrosis occurs in a later phase of wound healing than the first three days.  Early on, this represents swelling or a fluid collection.  A fluid collection should be drained.  Fibrosis can be helped by massage over a period of month.

Fibrosis following liposuction.

+1

Thank you for your question.  The best thing that you can do is use compression garments and increase blood flow into the area.  Ultrasound or massage therapy are good ways to increase blood flow.  Everyone heals differently so if you are still having problems I would recomend that you go back to your plastic surgeon for their opinion as well.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon