Mexican Council of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Vs. ISAPS

Hello All, Im seriously considering surgery abroad and wanted information on the difference with the above info. I found 1 doctor approved by both, and the other just approved by Mexican Council of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive. Is there a difference between the both and should I use it to base my decision? All answers Good or bad appreciated! Thank You If the Bad outweigh the good Ill just chalk it up to doing my surgery in the US of A.... :)

Board Certification

+1

Unless the surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, I would not put much stock in any other "certification." 

Good Luck.

There are very good foreign plastic surgeons, but it is a gamble.

+1

Hi.

Any Mexican plastic surgeon can join the Council.  Almost any plastic surgeon in the world can join ISAPS.  So these are not really credentials.  In contrast, you have to be elected into the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery as someone who does a high volume of high quality cosmetic surgery.

I think it is safe to have surgery abroad if you know someone who has had a good experience with a particular surgeon.  Another issue is what happens if you have a complication?

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)