Different Methods to Remove a Mole from my Nose? (photo)

I was born with this mole, and recently went to a dermatologist to ask about getting it removed. The mole has hairs, and kept growing over the years. He told me that he would have to remove the base of the mole, and cut the skin around it in the shape of an eye, but it would leave a large scar. Are there any alternative methods to this? The mole is expected to keep growing but I would rather have it removed without leaving a noticeable scar on my nose.

Mole Removal With Less Scarring

+2
  • From your photograph, this appears to be a intra-dermal nevus. (Mole).  I abandoned direct excistion of these lesions approximatey 10 years ago.  I found that the potential for scarring and leaving stich marks was to high.  I currently do a radiofrequency needle(hot needle)  removal.  There are: no incisions and no suturing and the procedure would take approximately 5 mins to perform.  Most importantly after doing approximately 6,000 of these procedures, I have had no complaints of excessive scarring.  Good Luck.  
  •  

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Mole removal

+1

Any surgical procedure will leave a scar.  In your case, since the mole is raised, I would recommend a shave excision.  This procedure can leave a minimal scar.  It is important to avoid sun exposure as it heals. 

Sam Naficy, MD

How to remove a mole on the nose

+1

The good news is that when I remove nevi (moles) on the nose, I will usually use a "shave excision" method. With this technique, the mole is actually "shaved off" at a very superficial level just below the surface of the skin. This method is quite effective and leaves a minimal scar. The procedure typically takes less than a minute and is fairly painless. Dermatologic surgeons are experts at doing this procedure.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Scars

+1

No plastic surgeon would want to leave a scar especially on the face. However we as human beings heal by scarring.Once the skin is cut then we heal by scar. The only way not to have a scar is not to have the surgery.