Methods to Induce Angiogenesis in Skin

I have undergone a few rhinoplasties and in hopes of improving the circulation in my nose I am looking into ways of promoting angiogenesis, other than hypoxic exercise. From my research, it appears there isn't a whole lot of information on topicals that do this, and some of it is contradictory (e.g. tretinoin). The only method that I have found that induces local angiogenesis is topical application of minoxidil. I would appreciate suggestions in achieving my goal. Thank you

Angiogenesis of Nasal Skin

+1

I'm not sure why you want to improve nasal circulation. Are you anticipating more nasal surgery?  Fascial grafts placed during surgery can improve circulation. I'm not aware of any local treatments that will improve circulation. Your general health including nutrition and exercise are always important.

Increase angiogensis of skin

+1

You may want to consider what are you trying to achieve with increase in blood vessels in the skin of your nose?

If it is early post revisions surgery, then you may consider hyperbaric oxygen therapy which is shown to help with wound healing. If healing has completed, then I don't believe angiogenesis or increase in blood supply will occur in a well formed scar tissues.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon