What Are the Options for a Better Butt and Hips?

I'm very curious to know what can be done to give me a nice, bigger, rounder appearance with my buttocks and hip. I want to be proportionate with my chest after getting 600cc breast implants. I was considering silicone injections until I found out all the risks. Also can Restylane be injected there? Is it permanent? I would have gotten butt implants but I'm just afraid if they wont look natural.

Buttock augmentation by way of fat transfer

+2

I recommend a fat transfer to the buttocks (Brazilian buttock lift)  to augment the size of your buttock and give a shaplier contour to your entire buttock, hip and lower back area. Using your body's own fat generally yields the best result. The fat will be taken from unwanted areas of your body through liposuction, and transferred to the desired area (buttock/hip). I would not recommend injecting anything like silicone or Restylane.

I just returned from a plastic surgery conference in Colombia, South America where they do more buttock implants than any place in the world, and the type of implants they use are unfortunately not available in the US. Therefore a fat transfer would be your best option

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced with this type of procedure.

Dr. Bruno

Buttock enhancement

+2

For buttock and hips enhancement your best option is fat transfer. Resylane is not an option.

Silicone injection is a very bad idea.

Brazilian butt lift

+1

If you have enough fat in your body, I recommend fat grafting.  I have performed many of these procedures as well as gluteal implants.  My preference is fat grafting, but as usual, there are pluses and minuses with every option.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Buttock Augmentation Options

+1

There are two main tried and true options for buttock augmentation: 1) Fat Transfer (from another area of the body) or 2) Buttock Implants.  Because I do a high volume of both procedures I can speak unbiased about them.  Although Fat Transfer is "natural" because it utilizes your own tissue, only about 1 out of ever 50 patients I see are good/reasonable candidates for this procedure because they simply do not have enough fat available to produce significant long lasting results - considering about 60+% melts away by the end of the first year.  For the other 49 out of 50 patients, Buttock Implants is the only way to guarantee a predictable and permanent result.  However it is crucial to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure (and places the implant under or within the gluteus maximus muscle not on top of it) because very few surgeons do enough of them to yield consistently good results.

Best of luck...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD