What is the Best Method to Fix Asymmetrical Cheeks?

Hi.. I am a 25 years old and I lost about 20 kilos. I did gain some about 10 kilos later on but I have noticed that I have a symmetry problem with my face. One cheek seems to be different than the other. I think the fat is no longer built in one of my cheeks and it looks saggy. Would fillers or fat crafting would be good solutions for that one saggy side to restore the symmetry of my face. And which is better?

Fillers / Fat grafting for asymmetric cheek volume is definitely a good option

+3

Fillers / Fat grafting for asymmetric cheek volume is definitely a good option. I always suggest doing the least invasive route before doing the more invasive options. Fillers are a good beginning step to see if you llke the volume changes. If you like what you see then you can proceed to more permanent options like facial implants and fat grafting. Fat grafting is more versatile and natural but may not last as long as implants. Implants are hard, augment the bone only, and is not incorporated through all of the tissues, is less natural and is a foreign substance with rejection possibilities. Things to consider. Many fillers can be broken down with enzymes as well to allow some correction if this is needed after they are injected. I usually do this 2 weeks later if needed to ensure the very best results!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for asymmetric face

+1

Revolumization of the deflated side of the face can restore the youthful face. Depending on the volume needed, fat grafting may be a wonderful choice, as could Sculptra, Perlane, Juvederm Ultra Plus and Radiesse.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/fillers/index.html

Best method to fix cheek asymmetry

+1

There are a few ways to improve the asymmetry you describe.

1. The least invasive is using a filler such as restylane, radiesse, etc. These products are temporary which may be beneficial if you're not sure if you like the result that volume enhancement provides.
  2. Fat grafting is another great technique that has longer results. It involves harvesting your own fat, processing it gently and then injecting it into your face to improve the sot tissue volume of your face.
  3. Cheek implants are permanent, solid devices that are inserted under the tissues of the face right against the cheek bone. Placement is a bit more invasive than the other methods. Depending on the exact areas of the face that need to be augmented an implant may not provide improvement to every area.

An examination would allow for a a better discussion of what results are possible.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgeon/facial-fat-grafting

Fat grafts or fillers or surgery for cheek asymmetry

+1

I agree that this is difficult to answer this question with seeing photos to show what you are describing.  Nevertheless, without photos, given your age I would vote for fillers such as Sculptra or Radiesse over fat grafting or other types of surgery for the condition you describe.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Face Asymmetry correction with Dermal Fillers

+1

Without pictures or examining you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse and Sculptra are all good options for minimally invasive correction of facial asymmetry.  

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Asymmetric cheeks

+1

There are various options to fill the midface/cheek area and make the cheek more symmetric and full.

These include temporary fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, Radiesse), nonpermanent fillers (Sculptra),  fat transfer, and implants.  They each have advantages and disadvantages and need to considered on an individual basis, during consultation.

Dr Taban

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.