Best Method to Reduce Male Nipple Protrusion?

I am a young male in very good shape. My nipples are too pointy especially when cold. I would like to plan a surgery but am curious what is the best way to handle it and if it is a relatively simple procedure. Potential scars and abnormal shape are a major concern.

Nipple reduction for Men

+1

For men who are bothered by the protrusion of the nipples,  nipple reduction surgery is a safe and relatively easily performed procedure with a very high patient satisfaction rate. This  procedure can be done under local anesthesia and involves  removal of a segment of nipple  and coverage with a nipple "flap".  Recovery is brief and scars unnoticeable.

Please make sure you seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Nipple reduction in males

+1

Nipple reduction in males can be done in a variety of ways, and must be customized to the exact problem and concern of each patient.  Be sure to discuss whether you want to reduce the nipple and/or the areola.  A small reduction in the prominence of the nipple can be done with a scar at the base of the nipple.  More complete reductions may require a somewhat larger scar.  However, scars at the nipple have usually been considered acceptable to the patients who want this procedure.

Reduction of the areola does tend to produce more scarring than reduction of the nipple.

These procedures can generally be done in the office under local anesthesia.

James Nachbar, MD

Nipple reduction in men?

+1

This is a simple office procedure which cn be done safely with local anesthesia.  A segment of the nipple is removed to decrease projection.  Adequate skin is left as a flap to close over the top.  The procedure and follow up are simple and not painful.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Nipple reduction and areolar reduction

+1

Many patients, both male and female have concerns about the prominence of their nipples and/or the size of their areolas ( the pigmented area around the nipple).  In general, nipple reduction usually loves almost no visible scarring. Areolar reduction, however, usually leaves some visible scarring but the extent is dependent on many factors such as skin color, ethnicity, amount of skin removed, and tightness of closure.

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Nipple protrusion reduction for healthy/athletic male

+1

Reducing male nipple protrusion is a very easy in office procedure that can be done under local anesthesia. A small wedge of the nipple tissue is excised inferiorly and the superior portion is rotated downward. This leaves an imperceptible scar at the inferior base of the nipple. The procedure itself does not diminish the size of the areola which also can sometimes be an issue in males.   

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Nipple reduction surgery

+1

Nipple reduction surgery involves decreasing the projection of the nipple. I routinely do this under local anesthesia and with no visible scarring.  Keep in mind, this will only reduce the projection of the nipple, and will not reduce the areola, or pigmented area around the nipple. this can be done on men and women.

Matthew Schulman, MD