Best Method for Lines Above Lips

I do not smoke and have lines in the upper lip..what is the best method to us filler, botox,?

Dermabrasion, laser or chemical peels with subcisions do great for upper lip creases.

+2

Dermabrasions, lasers or chemical peels with subcisions of the creases of the upper lip does great and is done under local anesthesia for about $1500-2500/session and may need 1-2 sessions.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Aging lines of the lips

+2

If you ask 10 different surgeons you will get 10 different answers. Without a photo or face to face examination it is impossible to say what would be best in your specific case. In general may favored approach to aging lines of the lip is surface laser (CO2 or Erbium) combined with subcision of the creases with a needle to release them. You can see an example in the referenced web page. I do not like botox in the lips because of the risk of drooling, abnormal smile etc. I do not like fillers for this because of the risk of lumps forming from the filler and the fact that these fillers do not last as long as the laser approach.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Lines above Lips

+1

Something that may produce good results to try are microdermabrasion and chemical peels.  The microdermabrasion can really help with cell turnover which in turn may help with anti aging. Doing a chemical peel as well can really help the anti aging process.  A good start would be to have a consultation prior to so a Dr. or provider can evaluate your skin needs.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/med+spa-20/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vertical wrinkles in your upper lip may be reduced by a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment.

+1
Upper lip vertical lines often resemble a "bar-code", and even if you don't smoke, these may become prominent if you have light skin and significant sun-damage. In my practice, these are routinely treated with Injectable Fillers. I prefer Silikon-1000, an off-label filler, for permanent results.
I hope this is helpful for you.
Regards from NJ.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4247

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon