Best Method of Improving Profile? (photo)

I am getting rhinoplasty cauterization soon, but Id like to go ahead and get rhinoplasty done as well for my deviated septum and the fact that it's too big for my face. I was also wondering about getting a chin implant, but I hear that there are never good results with them. I would like to know if there is anyway for me to have a slightly more defined jaw. I would like to know your opinion of what are the best procedures (& recovery time for them) that I should discuss with a plastic surgeon.

Rhinoplasty, Chin Implant and Submental Liposuction

+1

Dear Cavum,

Thank you for your photographs.

Aside the rhinoplasty, you could benefit from a chin implant and a submental liposuction that will sculpt your jaw line.

This combination will enhance your facial beauty as it will bring your facial features together pretty well.

I encourage you to seek consultation with a surgeon of ample experience as he/she would provide you with what is necessary to make a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Improving Facial Profile

+1

A chin implant in addition to your nose will significantly improve your profile. In 35 years I have removed 1 implant and that was 30+ years ago. The risk is truly minimal.

Chin implants

+1

I can understand why you are considering a chin implant.  Different surgeons have varying opinions on chin implants.  I tend to,advise against them because they have a high incidence of problems, such as shifting of the implants or being able to feel or even see the edges of the implant.  Sometimes the implant just tends to bother the patient or,they are always overly conscious of it.  Other plastic surgeons use them frequently.  There is nothing wrong with getting a chin implant.  It's just that different surgeons have different opinions  and experience with them. Hope this helps.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin implant

+1

Your profile can be enhanced with a rhinoplasty and chin implant.  The most important thing is to consult with a board certified specialist who shares your aesthetic eye and can assist you in obtaining results that are natural appearing and fit the rest of your face.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Best Method of Improving Profile?

+1

Rhinoplasty will refine the nasal size and shape however, the profile appears aesthetically off due to a very weak chin.  A Chin Implant would balance out the profile and should be placed through an incision under the chin IMHO.  Be sure that the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial and nasal beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.  

Better Profile

+1

Hello, you are a good candidate for a combination of rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, buccal  lipectomy and submental/ lower face liposuction.A chin augmentation should be a very straight forward simple procedure and you can expect a beautiful result. A buccal lipectomy is the removal of the fat pad at the lower part of your inner cheek by the corners of your mouth. I would also liposuction your jawline and lower face for a more sculpted look. For this combination of procedures I advise you to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. 

David Alessi, MD

Profile improvement with rhinoplasty and chin implant.

+1

Profile improvement with rhinoplasty and chin implant are frequently done together to give a balanced profile. In 35 years of doing these I have never had problems with chin implants except an uncommon infection which is treated with antibiotics. Choose a surgeon who does natural noses and you should be very happy.

Best Method of Improving Profile?

+1

If your upper and lower teeth meet well, a conservative rhinoplasty coupled with chin augmentation will do wonders for you. The chin augment is a relatively simple process. But if your bite is off significantly, you may need a more complex operation to bring your entire lower jaw forward.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD