Best Method For my Uneven Breasts?

I am 21 yrs old & my breasts are visibly uneven. I am happy with my right breast & am looking for a method to fix the left one. As U can see it's smaller in size and different in shape (and crease). I DO NOT want to lose sensation or the ability to breast feed in future. Are there any methods besides surgery? Is it possible that they'll even out after I breast feed? Can breast vacuums help? and if I MUST, what kind of implants? over muscle or under it? thanks you for ur help.

Uneven breasts

+1

From your question it sounds like you meant to submit photos, but they did not appear.  Try resubmitting your question and photos.

Uneven breast treatment options

+1

Without a photo, its hard to give an opinion. There are many options but most involve surgery. "Vacuums" like the brava may add size to the breast but it may only be temporary unless fat grafting is done. I would suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of your options.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breasts

+1

A great place to start is with an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon and or some photographs. There are many techniques available

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Best Method For my Uneven Breasts?

+1

There are techniques available to help correct almost any type of breast asymmetry, but we would need photos to answer questions regarding your specific problem. The pictures need to be taken by someone else so yor arms are hanging losely at your side with a view from the front and from each side.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Asymmetry #breastimplants

+1

I think you forgot to post pictures. There are many different ways to shape the breast. I would need to see your photos to give you a better opinion. However, there are not many non-surgical options for significantly reshaping the breasts. The breast vacuum or BRAVA is in it's infancy and does work but usually combined with surgery. Depending on what you need you can have a change in your ability to breastfeed and nipple sensation can be affected anytime you have surgery on your breasts. I would recommend you have an in-office exam with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options more thoroughly.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1

Thanks for you inquiry, but the picture you mention is not showing up on our end of the question.  In general, there is no way to predict what pregnancy holds for you, but your crease location probably will not change with pregnancy.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breast Asymmetry

+1

All women have naturally have differences in breast size and shape, some more obvious than others.  I would need to see photos to understand exactly what you desire, but there are a variety of approaches that may help you achieve a more balanced look, possible with a size change if you desire it.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Breast Size and Shape Asymmetry

+1

There are really no nonsurgical approaches that are effective.  The BRAVA suction device can be used, but fat grafting will be needed for permanent results.  You can consider either breast implants or fat grafting for size.  As far as shape, pictures would be needed for that assessment.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Uneven breasts

+1

You did not include a picture so I can't really comment on what would be the best solution to your problem.  Still, if you simply need to add volume to your smaller breast to make it match the larger side, then an implant might be your best bet.  You should NOT lose your ability to breast feed with an implant as your breast feeding apparatus remains intact no matter whether the implants are placed above or below the chest muscle.  Loss of sensation is a risk but permanent loss of sensation is rather rare.  There is no predicting what effect breast feeding will have on your breasts so I wouldn't count on that as a solution to your difference in breast volume.  I'm not a big believer in breast vacuums.  Finally, the type of implant, volume, and placement are issues that should be discussed with your examining plastic surgeon.  There are pros and cons to each.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Uneven Breasts

+1

Please submit photos. I think you ment to but they never came thru. Unable to render an opinion regarding this situation without a picture.

Thanks!

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon