What Method of Chin Reduction is Right for Me?

I want to reduce my chin by 1/8 - 3/16 inches. I want to maintain the same basic shape, just make it shorter...but I would narrow it a little bit if necessary to maintain a natural blending with my jaw line. I don't want my face to become U-shaped. Would you recommend burring the chin down or removing a wedge of bone? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? What is the difference in cost?

Chin Reduction

+2

Hello Violet,

Chin reduction surgery is achieved by a combination of reshaping with a burr and excision of a wedge of bone. The decision of what method to use is based on the amount of bone that needs to be removed and how much reshaping is needed. You may be candidate for both techniques alone or in combination. The results and possible complications should not differ much. Best of luck.

Dr. A. Gantous

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon