Best Method of Augmentation for Athletic Fitness Enthusiasts and Profile?

I'm 42, very lean, hardly any breast tissue of body fat...apparently have loose lower pole and I'm also a personal trainer, group fitness and boxing instructor so do alot of high intensity weight training.. if I decide to go with the round silicone gel implant what are your thoughts on profile...I'm after a natural as possible look, hopefully taking my not even A cup breasts to about a C( what I had before i had rwo babies) I was told a low profile round implant may be suitable with dual plane.

Low Profile Implants?

+1

In general, a moderate or moderate plus style implant creates a more natural look.  A low profile implant is flatter and will not achieve the volume for an A to C cup transition.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Smaller implant for athletic fitness enthusiast

+1

The best technique for you would be small implants placed retro-pectoral.  However, since you have been a C in the past you probably have extra skin.  I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to elevate your breast tissue higher on the chest wall, reshape your breast to increase upper pole fullness and increase your cleavage.  This will allow a smaller implant, which will have less complications, particularly if you are athletic.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation for athletes

+1

Hello.

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is not uncommon that patients tend to be concerned when it comes to choosing the right size and shape of breast implants for their surgery, especially athletes.

With that perspective, the "natural" look is often brought up during consultation that we are missing in this discussion. 

Nonetheless, the usual best approach in cases like yours would have to be a sub pectoral moderate or moderate plus silicone implants.

One foot note worth considering at this point is the fact that flexion of pec muscles with the silicone submuscular implants tend to distort their shape during contraction.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Profile

+1

The high profile implants have the least natural looking results. The moderated plus or moderate profile implants are best for the natural look.

Breast Augmentation for Fitness Enthusiast?

+1

Thank you for the question. Although I cannot provide you with precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

Generally speaking, I think that moderate or moderate plus profile breast implants are most likely to achieve the “natural” look that many patients are looking for. High-profile implants, in my opinion tend to look less  natural (generally speaking).

Again, generally speaking, for patients with very little body fat/soft tissue coverage, I prefer the use of silicone gel breast implants over the use of saline filled breast implants.

Although there are pros and cons of placement of breast implants in the sub muscular versus sub glandular position, I generally prefer the use of the sub muscular (dual plane)  position  for the vast majority of patients.  This positioning allows for more complete coverage of the breast implants leading to generally more natural feel/look  of the implants in the long-term. This position will also decrease the potential for rippling and/or palpability  of the implants (which may increase with time, weight loss, and/or post-pregnancy changes).

The submuscular positioning  also tends to interfere with mammography less so than in the sub glandular position. The incidence of breast implant encapsulation (capsular  contraction)  is also decreased with implants placed in the sub muscular position.

I do not think that you will experience a loss of strength or flexibility after breast augmentation,  regardless of the location of breast implant placement. However, as you know, sub muscular (dual plane) breast implant positioning does have the potential downside of “animation deformity” ( movement/ distortion of the breast implants  seen with flexion of the  pectoralis major muscle).
 Again, I think the advantages of sub muscular (dual plane) breast implant placement far outweigh the  potential disadvantages associated with breast implants  placements of glandular position,  no matter how active the patient.

I hope this (and the attached link) helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/see-me-in-competition.htm

Profile of implants

+1

In general for the majority of patients that I treat, they will have either moderate plus profile or high profile implants. But the selection is based upon their anatomy and the volume we decide to go with.  I can't say for you without an exam.  Good luck!

Best Method of Augmentation

+1

Hard to give a useful response without photos or breast measurements.  But it you wer a C cup before, you pretty well can be assured that you have enough tissue to be restored to that size. 

Most surgeons prefer submuscular or dual plane position for the implants. Some women who do heavy athletic activities don't like the fact that when flexing the chest muscles the breast is flattened and seems to move. But as small as you describe yourself and as alrge as you want to be, my guess is that I would not recommend putting your implants above the muscle.

This is a discussion you should have with your surgeon.When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Implant profile and breast shape

+1

In choosing the correct implant profile or shape, I think that the breast width diameter (BWD), is a very important measurement.  If you have sufficient width to your chest wall, the moderate profile implant will provide a very natural appearance.  If you can get this style implant to give you enough volume to achieve the result that you want and fit the dimensions of the chest, then you are in clover.

If the volume that you want would result in the implant extending off the chest wall towards the arm pit, then you would want to consider an implant with a higher profile and narrower base such as the  Mentor moderate plus model. 

Measuring the breast width diameter will go far in helping you select the implant that is right for you.

Dr. Douglas Hargrave

Albany Plastic Surgeon