Metformin After Fat Grafting

Hi! I need to go back on my regular Metformin after fat grafting procedure. I take metformin for PCOS and not because I'm diabetic. When can I go back to my regular dosage of metformin? Please respond. Thanks!

Medicine after Liposuction

+1

For your fat grafting procedure you should be able to take your normal dose of Metformin at your next scheduled time after surgery.  Please double check with your surgeon and anesthesiologist to get their opinion.

Dr. ES

Fat injection

+1

THE METFORMIN SHOULD HAVE MINIMAL , IF ANY , EFFECT ON THE TRANSPLANTED FAT. The fat survival is more dependant on the method of harvesting the fat, its handling, & its placement in a well-nourished area in the skin.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon