I Have a Metal Dental Bridge in my Mouth, is It Still Safe to Have my Breast Augmentation?

Breast Augmentation and Metal Dental Bridge

+1

A dental bridge is not a contraindication for breast augmentation whereas, poor dental hygeine with dental cavities and infection would be a contraindication.  

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Dental bridge is not a contraindications to breast augmentation

+1

It is fine to undergo breast augmentation with a dental bridge as long as your dental and gum health is fine avoiding seeding the implants.

Good luck !

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

It  will still be safe to proceed with your surgery even with dental work, but you need to notify the anesthesiologist before surgery. Most anesthesiologists will ask their patients prior to surgery about any dental work ,bridges, loose or broken teeth because they need to be cautious not to damage  your teeth when placing the breathing tube at the beginning of surgery.  If they don't ask about it, make sure you bring it to their attention prior to surgery.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Having a metal dental bridge is not a contraindication to breast augmentation surgery.

+1

Yes, it should be okay.  Having a metal dental bridge is not a contraindication to breast augmentation surgery.  

Let your doctors know it is there so that it is not damaged during anesthesia.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and dental implants

+1

It should be fine to have  a breast augmentation for you. The anesthesiologist should be made aware of this before he performs his part of the procedure.

Dental devices and general anesthesia

+1

It is still safe to have surgery with general anesthesia if you have permanent dental devices present. It is critical that your anesthesia provider know in the event that something is loose or could potentially impair your airway during surgery. I hope this helps.

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS