I've Lost Alot of Weight but Tummy Doesn't Show That. Would a Tummy Tuck Help? (photo)

I've lost 80lbs after 3 c-sections. I can't seem to look any thinner because my belly does not show that I've lost weight at all. Would a tummy tuck do the trick for me? Or should I lose more weight then have it done. I'm 5'3 180lbs.

Tummy Tuck after weight loss...

+1

First of all congratulations on your weight loss!  I usually recommend to my patients that they be at their goal weight for 6 months - 1 year before having a Tummy Tuck.  Looking at your pictures you may need more of an extended Tummy Tuck and might benefit from a little liposuction. After a consultation with your plastic surgeon he/she would be able to let you know what procedure would give you the results you are looking for.  Best of luck on your continued weight loss!

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck questions

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss. It old be helpful to try to lose a bit more weight prior to a tummy tuck, but there is no doubt that you are an excellent candidate. The tummy tuck will not remove a lot of weight, maybe ten pounds, bit it will make you look much thinner. The main warning I give patients like you is to avoid gaining weight after the surgery. Really important!

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/body/tummy-tuck/

Am I ready for a tummy tuck

+1

It is best to lose as much weight as possible to get the ideal results.  But, it becomes frustrating because at this point, as you lose more weight, you will have more sagging skin and will not look any better.  It is my feeling that you would get significant improvement with an extended abdominoplasty and liposuction.  You certainly will be motivated to lose the remaining weight.

Congratulations you are doing excelent/ felicitaciones lo estas haciendo muy bien

+1

is going ok. but in any serious plastic center you are not ready for  surgery TT unless you loose no less than 20 lbs more, that guarantees an excelent results, beware of somebody  try to  realize now because jeopardize the results in this moment.

lo estas  haciendo muy bien pero cualquier  cirujano plastico serio te diria que requeririas perder cuando menos 20 lbs mas para programarte un TT

Si alguien te ofreciera ahora, pondria  en riesgo el resultado y tu vida

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I've Lost Alot of Weight but Tummy Doesn't Show That. Would a Tummy Tuck Help?

+1

Always best to lose all the weight that is possible. In you I would recommend another 30 to 40 pounds of loss. Than consider a full TT. 

Tummy tuck and weight loss

+1

A person who has lost almost one third of her body weight and now has skin rolls in front of abdomen, around waist line and in the the back area extended abdominoplasty is the answer. If you continue to loose more weight and ended up having more skin rolls in the back a secondary operation to complete the " belt lift " may become indicated. 

Web reference: http://www.mahjouricosmeticsurgery.com

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Congrats on weight loss!

+1

Congrats on weight loss! That is a great accomplishment. Ultimately you will benefit from an extended abdominoplaaty to remove the excess skin. Ideally your BMI needs to be closer to 25 to minimize postoperative complications. Best of Luck!

Tummy tuck needed

+1

First, congratulations on your weight loss. I'm sure that you must feel much better. Now you are just left with the extra skin that won't shrink. It looks like you might need an extended, or circumferential tummy tuck. Go to a good experienced plastic surgeon for a consultation. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/html/tummytuck-procedure.html

Weight loss and Tummy Tuck

+1

Hello there 

Further weight loss will not only enhance the final cosmetic result but it will also increase the safety of the procedure and lower your complication risk. 

Think of a tummy tuck as being like having a new suit made. The slimmer you are , the closer the cut of the cloth. Your muscle wall can tightened more and there will more unwanted skin to excise .

So that means you will get a better shape and surgery will be safer. 

Cheers 

Terrence Scamp

Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

+1

It seems like the best results we see from a TT are in patients with a BMI < 30. That would mean under 170# in a patient that is 5'3". You would definitely see a huge difference from the surgery at your current weight, but better to continue you weight loss program to maximize results.