Metabolization of Superficially Placed Juvederm Under Eye?

I believe the juvederm I have received was placed too superficially under my eye. I'm extremely worried about receving hyaluronidase to dissolve it, so my question is - is there any record of someone naturally metabolizing HA placed too superficially under the eye?

How long does it take to break down Juvederm , placed superficially under the eyes?

+1

Normally in that area Juvederm can last a year or more. If placed too superficially, it could be much longer.  If you are really unhappy, I would have a very small amout of Hyaluronidase injected superficially into the unwanted Juvederm. You can have this done very gradually in stages if needed.  It is safe and immediate! There is no point in living with a poor result for years! 

No reason to worry.

+1

Using hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler is quite safe. The other option is to wait for the body to naturally metabolize it over a period of 6-12 months. Around the eyes, the key is to inject deep.

In some it takes longer than others.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Superficial Juvederm under eyes

+1

I do not like Juvederm under the eyes unless it is placed very deeply or you can get the Tyndall effect. Removing Juvederm (or any HA filler) with hyaluronidase is easy though and isn't something to worry about. Not all of the filler needs to be dissolved, only the top portion that's too superficial. A good injector can do this easily. The only other thing you can do is wait for it to go away - somewhere between 6-12 months is average for Juvederm's natural metabolization period.

Juvaderm for Teartroughs

+1

HA fillers such as Juvederm can be used very successfully in this area.  They should be placed in a deeper plane, however, usually just above the bone in this area.  These products, if placed too superficial can be visible or cause contour irregularities.  Use of hyaluronidase may be very helpful, to dissolve the product, however.  Your best bet would be to followup with your doctor or find a board-certified plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon or dermatologist experienced in filler injections in this area. 

+1

I am not aware of any other "natural metabolism" of hyaluronic acid other than waiting several months for you body to break it down.  I will say this is a common mistake by injectors and I have corrected many with hyaluronidase safely and effectively.

Dr. Malouf

Web reference: http://www.mytotalskincare.com

Dallas Dermatologist