Is This a Mestizo Nose? (photo)

I've heard surgery is super difficult to get right.

Is this a Mestizo nose?

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure is different for each individual nose.  The procedure involves narrowing and refining the tip to give more tip projection and reducing the cartilaginous hump.  Thick olive oily skin requires cortisone injections and Blenderm tape in the immediate postoperative period so as not to get a pollybeak.  It is also important to release the depressor septi ligament in the tip so that the tip does not pull down upon animation and smiling.  The rhinoplasty is performed under a brief general anesthesia lasting 1 to 2 hours.

Is this a Mestizo nose?

+1

Hello, I have reviewed your posted photos, you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. This is not a difficult case and you can expect a great result in the hands of a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Good luck to you.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

What you have is a over-projected , under-rotated, bulbous tip which is typical in ethnic noses. This is not a very difficult nose for a surgeon with experience in ethnic rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com

Is This a Mestizo Nose?

+1

Based upon the posted photos you are a minor component. Best to seek in person evaluations from boarded docs in your city. 

Mestizo nose surgery

+1

While you have some features consistent with a mestizo nose such as a broad and somewhat flattened tip and wide nostril base, it is reasonable for you to undergo a rhinoplasty as your photos demonstrate that you appear to have a firm bony structure which lends itself to good support. I would recommend a facial plastic surgeon with expertise in reduction rhinoplasty.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is This a Mestizo Nose?

+1

While working in Southern California over the past 35 years I've seen many noses similar to yours. You have a broad tip with poor projection and probably soft cartilages which is consistent with a Mestizo nose. Regardless of your ancestry, every nose is different and therefore the surgery is individualized.  If you select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon you should have an excellent, natural result.