Could This Mess Be Sorted with Rhinoplasty? (Least Invasive)

My nose is absolutely disgusting. It doesn't seem to look so bad in the mirror but in photos I notice it so much, and consequently it now disgusts me in the mirror too. I'm a 16 year old girl - people are supposed to pretty when they're young, my nose makes my whole face look absolutely revolting. I haven't let my parents have pictures of me for years now and my face is sickening because of it. Could it be fixed with closed rhinoplasty or non-surgical rhinoplasty?

Hate my nose

+3

You are correct. Your nose needs help. You might get by by just doing the tip. I would need to see good lateral views. The choice of open vs closed depends on  your surgeon. I would probably opt for open toe really see that tip

Least Invasive Approach for Rhinoplasty (Tiplasty)

+2

Hi OMG,

Sorry to hear that your nose is so bothersome to you.  You should let your parents know about your concerns and then consult with a few rhinoplasty experts.  Mr. Julian Rowe-Jones is a very good rhinoplasty surgeon in London.   Whether your nose is corrected through an internal or open external approach should not be a concern, you want the best long term result.  It does appear that your right bulbous tip cartilages could be corrected via an endonasal approach (closed).  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty for "disgusting" nose

+1

I am so sorry you feel badly about your nose.  That can be very traumatic because you want to feel pretty.  The good news is that yor nose can be changed and improved but it will take surgery.  There is nothing non-surgical that will be of any use.  Hopefully your parents will be willing to talk to you about your concerns.  I hope you will find the right answers. 

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

Everything is in the nose for a reason

+1

You have normal tip cartilages--Nature puts them there so that your nostrils won't collapse when you inspire.  However, they are a little asymmetrical and the sides are slightly convex.  If these tings bother you, they can be corrected by rhinoplasty--perhaps only the tip needs to be treated. 

Closed rhinoplasty has many advantages for you, both in terms of avoiding a scar (which may not heal well with your tissues), and because of a quicker recovery.  Your chances of a new postoperative deformity are also lower. 

Find an experienced surgeon who can guide you.

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Don't be so hard on yourself. You have large asymmetric cartilages which can be reshaped to give you a more pleasing appearance. You should talk to your parents and get them on board with your concerns.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It appears that you have an undefined nasal yip from the shape of the cartilages that give the shape to the tip. Changing the shape of those cartilages, and perhaps removing a strip on each side will change the shape, and you could get a more defined tip.

Depending on the surgeon, his/her experience, and the remaining views of your nose, you may be a candidate for closed rhinoplasty.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Least invasive rhinoplasty

+1

Based on this picture you are a very good candidate for a surgical rhinoplasty - there is not much that a non-surgical procedure would be able to do for your nose, other than perhaps improve the tip asymmetry a little

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhinoplasty or tip plasty is the answer.

+1

Rhinoplasty or tip plasty is the answer. However, you should have a discussion of this with a therapist since it sounds like your view of the deformity is out of balance with your view of your nose.