I'm 5'4, 149 lbs, and age 24. Would a 500cc or 520cc look ok on my body type? (photos)

My body type is like hers but my boobs are a 34c and with this picture this girl has a 520cc. I have large hips n a small waist. I was thinking about getting that size to fit my frame since I'm a 34c and a mother of two. I want my breast to look and hang naturally not soooo perky like models.

The correct sized implants for your body

+2
Implant size is a very personal decision, and it depends on the result you are looking for. In my practice, the most common implant size for women about your height and weight is 425cc to 475cc. If you want to be much bigger, a 500cc implant would definitely give you much more volume. My patients come in and try on different implant sizes during their preoperative appointment with the nurse so they get a good idea of the size. Your surgeon will also base his/her decision of implant size and shape on your individual breast measurements. You do not want an implant that is too broad for your frame, and conversely, you want one that will give you enough volume and fullness at the top. There are many different styles now available for different body types and needs. Also remember that with any size implant, they will begin to sag over time. Good luck with your decision.

Implant volume and cup size

+1
At size 34 C each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.500 cc implants will take you from a C to a H.Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.If your breasts are drooping then you would benefit from a simultaneous lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.  It is difficult to recommend implant size/type/placement without a examination. Sizers may be helpful for you, but the size you state are large and may not fit your breast width. 

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Worry Over Breast Implant Size

+1
Worry over choosing the "right" size breast implant is very common for many patients. As a BoardCertified plasticsurgeon,I help women in selecting implant size, but ultimately the choice is up to you. It is often helpful for women to realize that 20cc's is less than a tablespoon! This is uually not enough for you or anyone else to notice the difference. Many have a hard time noticing the difference in 50cc's, which is approximately 3 Tablespoons. Select a Board Certified plastic surgeon, try on sizers to help you select the size you feel best with and try not to worry about a small size diference.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice for breast augmentation

+1
Answering this question is difficult without an in person consultation.   Measurements must be taken and a good understanding of your expectations should be known.  Implants over 500 ccs are large and potentially carry long term risks especially if your anatomy won't support that size.  After doing the above, I will give my patients a range of implants to try on.  This process helps patients and myself make a good estimate of the right size implant for them.  Good luck with the process!

Naveen Setty, MD

How will 500 or 520 cc breast implants look

+1
505 120cc breast implants are quite large.It is very important that you see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation.  The surgeon will take measurements of your breasts and use of breast implant sizing system to place various sizes of specially shaped breast implants into your bra so that you can see how you will look with different sizes.  Without an in person examination and photographs of your breasts is impossible to give you an exact answer.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Implant Sizing

+1
Thank you for your question. There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr.Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant size choice is based on many factors

+1
Many factors determine size and placement choice of implants.  Based on your description of your self and your stated goals the size of 520 cc will be too large.  Consult with a plastic surgeon and let him guide you.

Vasdev Rai, MD

I'm 5'4, 149 lbs, and age 24. Would a 500cc or 520cc look ok on my body type?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you  with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Choosing Implants

+1
Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! best, Dean Vistnes, M.D

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon