How Much Does Mesotherapy Cost?

what is the average mesotherapy price

Mesotherapy

+1

Despite popular belief, mesotherapy is not the same as fat - dissolving injections. 

Mesotherapy is a technique of injection of medication, or another substance under the skin.  The idea is that the medications are absorbed via subdermal plexus and produce specific result, like reduction of inflammation, not necessarily related to cosmetic surgery at all.

The original idea was that anti-inflammatory medications can help with improvement of arthritis symptoms, chronic inflammation and so on.  The medications used for that are toradol, papaverin, lidocaine, procaine and so on.

Another technique commonly mistaken with mesotherapy is also known as needling or "nappage", when vitamins, bioactive elements, hormones and other substances are places on the surface of the skin and then a rol with needles is applied to the skin to stimulate skin rejuvenation.  Estheticians commonly use this method.

In US mesotherapy is most commonly referred to as "fat melting injection" and they created quite a bit of negative publicity because of some advertizing issues, complications, overpromising and many other issues.

Overall, before considering mesotherapy know exactly what is going to be done, what medications are to be used, what results can be expected, and consult your plastic surgeon first.  In US at this time this is not recognized as a valid treatment modality.

East Brunswick Plastic Surgeon

Mesotherapy - Modern Snake Oil

+1

Mesotherapy is a term applied to the process of injecting something under the skin with the hope to "dissolve away" fat. It is not FDA approved, and has not been proven to work. The "stuff" that is being injected is a cocktail of other agents that are approved for use on humans (hopefully!) but not specifically for Mesotherapy. There are no standard formulations, so even if you were to try and purchase a Mesotherapy treatment, you would have no way to know how much to pay! My advice is to stay away from this stuff. If you want to be experimented on, do it in a controlled clinical trial that has gone through an IRB - at least there you will be monitored!

Mesotherapy: Wait and proceed with caution!

+1

As a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, I must say that our society as a whole does not endorse this therapy and there are no current FDA regulations regarding the chemicals utilized in Mesotherapy.

I would urge great caution and only proceed if you have a trusted friend or family member who has undergone the treatment with satisfactory results.

Because I currently don't perform the procedure, I cannot give you advice on the costs.

However, I have seen several, treatment "failures" from practitioners in the area.

Mesotherapy may cost you more than money can fix

+1

I have seen the results of mesotherapy, and it wasn't pretty! The results-divots, high points, unaesthetic results, that required surgery to improve but not fix.

This procedure is too unpredictible for me to recommend.  Don't do this.  Really, don't do it. On second thouight, don't do it.

Wait!

+1

I do not recommend it and I warn against it. Patients that I have seen after the therapy have all been unhappy with the results. Also, we just dont know where the fat goes; being absorbed by your body is not physiologically sound.

Just dont do it. If you're interested in getting rid of the trouble areas, do what is proven to be effective and has a higher saftety index—liposuction.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Cost doesn't matter - DON'T DO IT!

+1

Until the proper scientific studies have been performed and until appropriate safety information and guidelines have been established and until Mesotherapy or Lipodissolve has been FDA approved - don't do it!  Either lose the fat with diet and exercise or have liposuction.