Mesotherapy Vs Liposuction

Mesotherapy not better than Lipo

With liposuction, the amount of fat removed is measured and easily controlled in the right hands. Mesotherapy involves the injection of nonstandardized chemical that are meant to "dissolve" fat.

I have several patients who present to me for liposuction who have tried mesotherapy and report no improvement, or even a few who state that treated areas increased in size. In fairness, those patients with excellent results wouldn't present to my office for liposuction. I get the sense there are not many patients satisfied with the results, however.

If mesotherapy did actually work, there is another issue to consider in my opinion. Where does the fat, lipid, and cholesterol go? Hopefully we don't find in the future that it leads to premature vascular disease or heart disease.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

2121 N 1700 W
Layton, UT 84041

DON'T do mesotherapy!

Unless you are happy being a guinea pig, don't even consider mesotherapy. There is no FDA approval for this procedure and nobody even knows if it works or exactly what should be in the slurry that is injected into you! So go with liposuction with an excellent ABPS certified surgeon and you will be safe and happy!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Mesotherapy--if it sounds too good,etc.

Only liposuction really works. We have seen many "simple, minimally invasive, innovations" during the past thirty years of plastic surgery.
If these things really worked everyone would be having it done with great success. What's "hot" today is what everyone shows on TV, even though it doesn't work. That is what drives the media, not real medicine.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Liposuction is better

I see several patients each month who have undergone several rounds of mesotherapy with minimal or no results at all. Once these patients undergo liposuction and see the dramatic results they are very happy. Now, it may be that only those patients that fail mesotherapy end up coming in for liposuction consultations. However, there is no question that liposuction works and can lead to consistent and excellent results.

David Shafer, MD
Shafer Plastic Surgery
New York City

David Shafer, MD

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

Meso therapy does not work, liposuction does

Mesotherapy does not really work the way it is practiced today. Most experts agree. Liposuction has been refined over 30 years and works in the right hands. Check the doctor's credentials first, Nasim Huq

Nasimul Huq, MD
Niagara Falls Plastic Surgeon

5668 Main Street
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 5Z4

Surgical Vs Nonsurgical...

There are several differences between Mesotherapy and Liposuction.  For starters, Mesotherapy dissolves fat with a series of injections and requires no downtime.  With Liposuction the fat is suctioned out of your body using a cannula, and you will need some time to recover.  Mesotherapy is good for very small areas, while Liposuction is needed for larger areas.  I would recommend making a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see which procedure best accommodates you.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

1150 Amboy Ave
Edison, NJ 08837

Liposuction is the way to go

Mesotherapy is not FDA approved, is not standardized, and there is no way to know what kind of results you are going to get.

Liposuction, on the other hand, works. There are many different types that are being promoted, and each has its own pros and cons, but all of them physically remove fat from below the skin surface in a standardized fashion.

Go with something that is known to work rather than an experiment.

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

410 North Carroll Avenue
Southlake, TX 76092

Liposuction is still the gold standard

As of today Mesotherapy has not been approved by the FDA. Therefore, its safety has not been established. Although it sounds great, it has to pass the test of peer review which it has not. The hope is that it will prove to be effective. For now, Liposuction is the "gold standard" and is an established and effective treatment for body contouring.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD

2900 Foxfield Rd
St. Charles, IL 60174

Mesotherapy is dangerous in any doctor's hands.

Mesotherapy is a great hoax being played upon the American public. It does not work! It has significant complications and is uncontrolled. Any doctor who tells you differently, want your money more than good results. I have had to take care of numerous patients with severe complications from mesotherapy. All performed by "reputable" doctors. I have seen severe dimpling, discoloration and even complete skin death requiring skin grafts. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with liposuction, not some so called cosmetic surgeon who thinks they can remove fat by injection chemicals thru a needle.

David A. Dreyfuss, MD
Orland Park Plastic Surgeon

9721 165th Street
Orland Park, IL 60467

Mesotherapy is a waste of time and money!

Liposuction is a tried and true procedure with amazing results. You will see a difference after liposuction. It is very rare to ever see a difference after 10-20 sessions of mesotherapy. I don't know of anybody still doing mesotherapy for fat reduction. It just doesn't work worth a darn. I have been doing liposuction for 25 years and I have adapted as new techniques have advanced the results of this procedure over the years. I use to do mesotherapy 15 years ago as many surgeons did when we were taught about it as an adjunctive procedure to melt away tiny lumps and bumps after liposuction. We learned our lesson that it was just a waste of time and money.

David Hansen, MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

9201 W Sunset Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90069