Mesh Concerns Following Hernia Repair?

I had an 8x10 in piece of mesh put into my abdomin on April 9th to repair several hernias. The umbilical hernia is back and as bad as it was before (I can push it back in with my finger). I can also feel a "bubble" in my abdomin as if the mesh is not connected. Is this normal?

Mesh Concerns Following Hernia Repair

+1

No, it is not normal to have the hernia recur several months after surgery, but it certainly does happen occasionally. 

You should go back for evaluation by your surgeon, who will be able to verify if there is still a hernia, and what the unusual things you can feel actually are. 

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.