4 Week Post Op for Tummy Tuck and my Belly Button is Still Not Healed. What Can I Do? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck, lipo, and my belly button is still weapy and slight crusting at 4 weeks. I appears to be shrinking as well. My surgeon prescribed a cream to put on it but after some research I know the cream is usually for burn victims. Any other ideas on how to get some healing going on?

Upper Eyelids Are Very Asymetrical After Blepharoplasty?

+1

Sounds like you have a very good surgeon. Plus the posted photo does not show the bb well. Just be patient and allow your body to heal. 

Delayed healing

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  Prolonged drainage may be an indication that the body isn't quite happy.  There are a handful of possibilities including fat necrosis, suture inflammation, seroma, etc.  Whatever it is the body wants it out.  If the drainage is decreasing continuing with the same conservative care is reasonable.  If the problem gets worse or persists for a long period of time it may be beneficial for surgical exploration.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Belly Button not healing

+1

I am sorry to hear you are having problems.However nothing that is going on, sounds like it is out of the ordinary. Belly buttons can take longer to heal. There may be a couple of retained sutures there that need to dissolve or are in the process of dissolving which is why there is drainage. They may need to be removed.The cream sounds like a good idea. Keep in touch with your surgeon and see him/her regularly until everything has healed

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Belly Button Shrinkage

+1

Did your surgeon recommend that you keep a marble in your belly button to keep it from shrinking? This technique can help maintain the round shape and size of a natural belly button.

Alejandro Enriquez de Rivera, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button is Still Not Healed.

+1

Unfortunately the otherwise good photo does not show enough detail of the navel. Treatment with a topical antibiotic (Silvadene) is an appropriate choice. Sometimes there are sutures that poke through the thin navel skin and cause some drainage, and their removal is usually the treatment. 

Do continue to follow with your surgeon. An in person exam is the best way to determine what the problem is and to treat that problem.

Thanks and best wishes.