What Type of Surgery Might Be Needed to Correct my Nose? (Photos)

Hello, I've came to the conclusion that I very much so dislike my nose. I always have. Now that I am older, I realize that I hate the hump on my nose. I do not think I am an ugly girl or that my nose is "terrible" but I do believe it would make a big difference in my appearance. I've came to realize that this pesky hump is also possibly the reason that when I smile my nose has a "droopy" appearance.

Rhinoplasty for Dorsal Hump and Drooping Tip When Smiling

+1

Hi Autumn,

A rhinoplasty by an experienced, expert rhinoplasty surgeon would correct what troubles you about your nose.  I agree that your "pesky" hump is small and can be eliminated, but your nasal tip droops when smiling because of lack of underlying support.  This too should be corrected at your rhinoplasty.  Most importantly, choose your rhinoplasty surgeon very carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Droopy Tip and Bump

+1

Removing the bump involves removal of bone and cartilage, which is a standard part of rhinoplasty. Droopy tip can be improved by a combination of removing a small sliver of septum and releasing the depressor septi muscle. All of these can be done both with an open or closed approach. Hope this helps.

Dr. Richard Zoumalan

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Rhinoplasty for bump on the bridge and droopy tip

+1

The bump on the bridge and a droopy tip are 2 unrelated issues in the nose that can both be addressed at the time  during a closed rhinoplasty. The bump is removed by shaving both bone and cartilage and the depressor septi ligament is released which prevents the tip from drooping upon animation. Any other tip adjustments can also be made at the same time. 

What Type of Surgery Might Be Needed to Correct my Nose?

+1

The tip can be elevated and a muscle can be released if the tip truly dips with a smile.  The hump can certainly be reduced as well.  Both can be achieved with a closed rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA