My Right Implant Stills Looks Odd and is Hard? (photo)

My right breast has a hard area at the bottom of the curve it was bruised as well, the bruising has gone away, but I can still feel this very hard area. The left one looks/feels great, but MY right does not have a nice curve to it at the bottom. I feel scar tissue, this is above the scar. It is hard, feels like the hardness runs on a curve. Anybody else thinks it looks mis-shapened, should I just give it more time? Is their a possible reason for that hard area? Is it the implant I feel?

Tightness of a breast implant.

+1

Thank you for your question. A tight implant on one side is usually a capsular contracture. You do not state when you had surgery. If it was recently, persistent bruising is concerning for a hematoma. Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hard breast

+1

This may be due to capsule or an old hematoma.I don't know how long post op you are but I would go back to my plastic surgeon and have him examine it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Early breast firmness

+1

It is unclear to me how recently you had your surgery, but firmness after breast implant surgery is usually temporary when both are affected to the same degree.  If one is soft and the other is significantly different, it may be that you are experiencing early capsular contracture.   This can be from a number of reasons, but some bleeding in the breast pocket at or shortly after surgery may be the culprit.

I suggest that you discuss this with your plastic surgeon- if you are in the very early stages of recovery, he or she will likely want to wait a few weeks or months to fix this, but it should be fixable- get an examination and plan from your doctor.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

My Right Implant Stills Looks Odd and is Hard?

+1

From your history and posted photos you had an untreated hematoma that became a severe capsular fibrosis. Seek in person opinions. 

Possible capsule contracture

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo.  What you are describing may be a capsule contracture which is a tightening and thickening of the capsule around the implant.  You will need to be seen by your plastic surgeon as a discussion of what your options will need to take place.  There are surgical and non-surgical options for correcting this.  I am a big proponent of getting all of the capsule out, replacing the implant, and possibly using acellular dermal matrix.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Implant Looks Odd

+1

Hi,

An implant may remain high due to early capsular contracture. The cause is not always clear but can be due to hematoma or infection.

Sometimes, one implant just takes longer to drop. If it's early post-op, ask your PS about non-surgical options such as massage and/or elastic compression.

If your right implant remains high after 4-6 months, surgical correction may be needed.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for your question and for the posted photos. It would be helpful to know how long ago was your surgery. If recent (less than three months) it would be reasonable to expect further improvement. However from the appearance  of the healing incisions it looks at least that far out.

Possible causes include:

• Capsular contracture
  • Implant malposition from failure to "drop"

If the whole implant feels hard, the first possibility is the more likely. If not, the latter.

If there is a contracture, there are some non-operative therapies to try before surgery--massage, vitamin E, NSAIDs, SIngulair. If the implant is still high riding months after surgery, another operation will be needed to improve this. 

As to the localized firm area, I would need to examine before making a guess. 

Thanks for your question, all the best.

Asymmetry

+1

From your pictures, it appears that your right breast implant sits too high.  You don't give much information about your previous surgery, but I would suggest that this high-riding implant could be due to either a capsular contracture pulling the implant up or the muscle below the implant may need to be opened up more to allow the implant to drop like the other side.  Either way, you may be looking at a second surgery to correct this problem.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Asymmetry following breast lift and augmentation

+1

It appears that you had a breast lift at the same time as your breast augmentation.   Your left breast has a good shape, the right side the implant appears to be too high and larger than the left.  This may be a temporary problem.  Follow your plastic surgeon's advice, massage the implant and give the muscle time to relax. If it does not even up then you may need a revision.  

RIght implant issue

+1

You did not say when you surgery was. If surgery was recent then it may take a bit longer to come down. If surgery was a while ago, then it may be a capsular contracture.