Hard Area on Breast 1 Month Out? (photo)

I had a lift/augmentation - 480 cc under muscle, saline one month ago. developed a hard dark area on right breast about 2 weeks out, it is now not as dark in color, but still hard. Should I be concerned, Dr seemed to think it was getting better, but that boob looks boxy compared to the other which looks more rounded. My finger shows the area that is hard about 2-3" long by about 2" wide, down by the scar on bottom. Any thoughts.

Breast lump augmentation breast lift

+1

Hi,

It is very important to understand that 2 weeks post op is very early in the recovery/settling stage.  You need to be months out to judge your result.

That lump with the discoloration you describe is probably a hematoma of some sort but other things can give this presentation too.  You do not have a breakdown and this is important as far as predicting where you will be going from here.

Give it all time...stay close to your ps and ask the appropriate questions but this kind of issue is very common the the early post op days.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Hard area post aug

+1

This should resolve with time.I would do heat and massage.I think it is tight because of the size of the implant.You probably had a little bleeding there.So be patient.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hard Area on Breast 1 Month Out

+1

I don't see anything unusual in the posted photo. From the description, it sounds like this may be a small resolving hematoma. I am not sure what "getting better" means, but it sounds like your surgeon is following this, as is appropriate. Continue with visits to assure that this is resolving.

Without a view of the other breast, I must reserve comment on shape but to say that I see no problem with this one. 

Thanks, best wishes. 

Hard Area on Breast 1 Month Out?

+1

Appears as a residual blood area that will resolve itself over time. Best to haste your surgeon see you weekly to follow the course of healing. 

Boxy Breast

+1

Overall the shaper looks pretty good, but I am not sure what you are showing with your finger. Over time the breast will settle a bit and may even look better.

Hard Area on Breast after Breast Augmentation Mastopexy

+1

This small area may be a resolving bruise or resolving small hematoma or small amount of fat necrosis or just the development of scar.  If it is any of these things, softening and improvement should be expected over the next 6 months.