Mentor Silicone Moderate or Moderate Plus Profile Implants?(photo)

I have a 15cm chest wall, i am having a lift with an aug. I want cleavage and the highest tightest lift possible, my breasts are wide set, I dont want to bottom out after the lift. chart says 445-470cc moderate profile implants, but I wanted moderate plus 450cc's, will they look too far apart? Will I bottom out?

Choosing Implants Best For Your Aesthetic Goals

+1

When breast augmentation and breast lift are performed in combination, the results are best when the surgeon has latitude to make adjustments. Although it’s difficult to make recommendations without a physical exam, your pictures suggest breast hypoplasia, breast asymmetry and breast sag. In addition your history suggests that you have specific aesthetic goals regarding both size and shape.

Even when tremendous care is taken pre-operatively to determine breast size, the final decision needs to be made in the operating room by the surgeon. At this point, an assessment can be made regarding how the patient’s breast tissue interacts with the breast implant. Occasionally, obtaining a specific size doesn’t allow the surgeon to meet the patients other aesthetic goals. For this reason, locking in to a specific size isn’t always a good idea. Results are often better, when a surgeon has the ability to make adjustments in the operating room.

In your case, I think it’s important to thoroughly discuss your aesthetic goals with your surgeon. Make sure he has the latitude to do what’s best for you in the operating room, so he can meet your aesthetic goals. It’s important that you have an approximate idea of the breast implant size that you’re considering, but don’t become married to an absolute number.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

Tiffany, Breast lift and augmentation can prove challenging.  One procedure, the lift, attempts to  lift and tighten the breast.  The other procedure, the augmentation, requires an enlargement and stretching out of the breast.  These work to some degree at crossed purposes.  Achieving a balance is dependent upon your current breast tissue integrity and careful planning.  Some flexigility in your expectation may need to be applied to your surgeon's judgement on what will allow your breast to not only be shaped and formed, but also heal well.  Ultimately, despite good planning and surgical technique your breast tissue which already has lost some tone and elasticity may allow the implant to settle more than desired with some degree of bottoming out.  Good luck and I hope you heal well.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Implant sizing

+1

First, your question regarding bottoming out does depend on the quality of your skin which we can't assess just on your photos alone.   So there may be some limitations in terms of what can be achieved.   Now in terms of your implant selection, I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and

2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Profile and Size for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your pictures demonstrate asymmetric breast hypoplasia/ptosis. You are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation/mastopexy surgery.

Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, I would suggest that you communicate your goals carefully (I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant (size and profile) that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

What implant to choose?

+1
Dear TIffany, Thank you for the question and posting your photo. As long as your specific goals are discussed with your PS he/she can advise you as to which one to choose to meet your goals whether it be more cleavage or correcting any asymmetries of the breasts. It is not just the implant size that dictates the final look but also the pocket placement of the implant which requires surgical experience. Best of luck!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

How to choose an implant???

+1

Choosing the correct breast implant requires significant surgical experience.  There are many factors that go into this decision and the best way to come up with the right implant is for you to convey to your surgeon exactly what kind of result you are looking for--then let him or her give you some options.  Dictating the exact implant size and type may not be in your best interest.  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD