Mentor or Natrelle High Profile for a Thin Girl with Very Small Frame?

I have heard that Natrelle is a better choice for a girl like me with very small frame, that Mentor are bigger implants. Is this true, or Mentor would also be a good choice for me? I´m 5.12ft and weight 94.6 lbs. I am a 32 B cup and would like a full B cup.

Mentor versus Natrelle base diameter

Since you are only going from a B cup to a full B cup, I do not think that using a Mentor implant versus an Natrelle implant will make a difference. For your purposes, the difference in base diameter for the two companiies is minimal. This is something that you wouldn't notice.

2103 Crestmoor Road
Nashville, TN 37215

Mentor or Allergan

From what you wrote, I do not think the company is the important variable. The "mistake" small, thin patients make is that in order to get the size they want, they feel obligated to go with bigger and higher profile implants. However, these are the implants that are the least "best fit' for that body type. This is often where patient desires collide with higher long term risks and side effects.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

462 N. Linden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Mentor vs Allergan, which implant is better?

I have used both company's implants for the past 20 years.  I personally don't think you can go wrong with either one.  Both companies are very reputable; Mentor is a subsidary of Johnson & Johnson , while Natrelle is owned by Allergan which is very large pharmaceutical company.  Both companies guarantee their implants for life.  The products are very similar with only minor variations.  I would go with what ever your surgeon feels is best for you.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

1353 E. McAndrews Road
Medford, OR 97504

Which Implant is Better?

Both companies make a wide range of implant shapes and sizes. You should discuss this after being examined by a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can make a recommendation based on your body and breast measurements and your desired outcomes.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

2333 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60618

Mentor or Natrelle

Both companies produce high quality implants that may differ slightly in dimensions, but not enough to think that one is better for a certain body type than the other.  If the right implant size is chosen for your frame, you will not get a better result with one over the other.

Donald Griffin, MD

4322 Harding Pike
Nashville, TN 37205

Mentor vs Allergan

Both are quality implants. In general, the Allergan implants have more projection for comparable volume and profile. They also have a full profile implant for those women who desire a lot of "push up look". You have to be careful that they do not look too round or missile like, however, unless that is the look you are going for! Discuss you size and shape desires with your surgeon as they relate to your chest/breast dimensions.

Robert H. Schnarrs, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

400 W Brambleton Ave
Norfolk, VA 23510

Mentor or Natrelle

I have used both brands of implants and I do not think which brand of implant you use will make any difference.  You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have measurements done to select what profile of implant will fit on your chest wall the best for the size that you are wanting.  Keep in mind that what is a full B cup for one brand of bra may be a C cup in another brand.  So it is good to look at pictures to see what look you are wanting.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

14340 Metcalf Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66223

Type of Breast Implants?

Natrelle and Mentor are the 2 main implant companies in the US.  They both have different style implants, i.e., low, mid and high profile silicone and saline implants.  It would be difficult to give a recommendation as to size, shape or company in the absence of photos and an examination.  Your best bet would be to find an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for a full evaluation and sizing to determine your best options.  Both companies produce good implants and I would not choose a plastic surgeon based on what implant company they use.

Stephen Delia, MD

20 Tremont St
Duxbury, MA 02332

Mentor or Natrelle Implants?

I have used both manufacture's implants  for “thin girls with very small frames”. I am sure by now,  having done your homework,  that you know that no plastic surgeon can promise that they can achieve a “full B  cup”. Communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon carefully.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942