Do Mentor Implants Feel Thicker to Touch Than Allergan Natrelle?

I have heard that Mentor implants are wider and that they feel a little bit harder when touching them and that Allergan Natrelle are more narrow and feel softer. Is this true? I am 5.1ft and 88lbs, BWD of 11cm and I am very thin. Are Allergan Natrelle implants better for me?

Difference between Mentor and Allergan implants

+3

The different between the two companies products is not discernible .  They both make an excellent product and stand behind their products with an outstanding warranty.  The more important factor would be the surgeon you choose.  I use both products and do not have a bias of one over the other.

Medford Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Manufacturer?

+3

Thank you for the question

I have not found a difference in “softness” of breast implants from either company.  Based on your description of body type silicone gel implants may be preferable.

Much more important than selecting a breast implant manufacturer will be selecting a plastic surgeon who you feel confident will achieve your results.

Brand Of Breast Implants Does Not Affect How They Feel

+3

Despite the marketing efforts of both companies to claim some advantages for their breast implant products, there is not discernible differences between them as a plastic surgeon. And most certainly there are no feel differences between from a patient's perspective. Both companies offer high-quality breast implant products.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Implant Brand

+3

As long as you are using a round smooth implant, which I recommend for just about everyone and do not think there is much if any difference between the manufacturers.  I use predominately Allergan implants, primarily because of the excellent service I get from their representative.  Years ago Mentor's warranty was not as good but they are essentially the same now.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Mentor and Allergan gels feel much the same

+3

Each company makes a full line of sizes both in projection and diameter. We use both implants in our office, and we checked both side by side. Our staff could not tell a difference in softness. You should feel very confident with either implant, the Mentor or the Natrelle.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Implants for breasts

+3

I do not think that there is  a real difference between the Allergan and Mentor implants. Sure they have slightly different shapes and sizes but in general they are very similar.

They are the same to touch and feel

+3

I am not sure how rumors about thses types of things get passed on but I use both of these implants and outside and inside the body I cannot tell the difference.  If you are as thin as you describe you will feel the outer shell a little bit with both companiy's implants.  That being ssid these are far better for a natural feel than any saline implant made.

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Which Brand of Breast Implants Are Best?

+3

I have used both Inamed and Mentor Implants for years.  They both make an excellent product, provide a good warranty that they stand by, and provide good service.  As Dr. Pensler mentioned, there are  many variables that contribute to the way an implant feels, but brand is simply not one of them.  Be very selective about how you pick your surgeon and go with the implant brand your surgeon chooses.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Implant feel

+3

There are multiple types and shapes of implants .There are low,moderate ,moderate plus,high ,ultrahigh implants with different dimensions that ultimately effect shape and feel.With respect to the two companies I am certain each one says their implants feel best,to my touch its not possible to sort out all of the variables.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Breast Implant Choices

+2

The difference in the two breast implants are so subtle and do not give one a greater advantage over the other.  The most important decision the patient has to make is in choosing her plastic surgeon and the size of the implants to be used. Consult with a Board-Certified plastic surgeon to discuss your desired look and the different Breast Augmentation options to help you achieve that look.  - Dr. Salzhauer

Michael Salzhauer, MD