Mentor High Profile 2700 Implants with a Benelli Lift Work for Me?

I already have small round textured saline implants. Id like to avoid a lollipop scar. I am 5'4 130lbs one baby.

Re: Benelli lift after implants

+2

Since you are trying to avoid the vertical portion of the lollipop scar, the replacement of your prosthesis with ones that are larger, probably in the 400cc – 450cc range, and a benelli periareolar lift would be reasonable. Your nipple areolas can be made a bit smaller and elevated reasonably on to the breast mound. Unfortunately it will not make you as tight or elevated as a vertical mastopexy would, but this is one of the trade-offs I am sure you have discussed at length with your plastic surgeon.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

High Profile Implants and Benelli Lift

+1
This is a common question as we all want to minimize the incisions and scars if at all possible. The periareolar (Benelli) lift when done correctly in select patients can give a very good result with minimal scarring.
In your particular case I think the periareolar mastopexy is reasonable and will give you a good result. However I would be a little worried that a 270cc implant my not fill you to the degree that you want. The Benelli lift can flatten the breast a little if not combined with the correct implant.

I would make sure that you spend some time with your plastic surgeon going over sizes. You should also consider taking him or her pictures to make sure that you are both on the same page about the results you are hoping to achieve.

Also when you change from saline to silicone you tend to look a touch smaller with the same volume. With the Benelli lift you are dependent on the implant to provide all the volume as the Benelli lift just repositions the nipple. You may want to talk to your surgeon about using a slightly larger implant.

Johnny Franco, MD

Benelli and implants

+1
The implants and Benelli lift may accomplish your goal.  Probably you will need to do the lollipop at some point in the future for optimal results.

David Stoker, MD

Breast Lift with Augmentation: Choosing What's Best for You

+1

It’s virtually impossible to make recommendations regarding breast lift surgery without being able to perform a physical exam. Your pictures suggest that a Benelli lift is definitely a possibility for treating your breast sag, but its use might require aesthetic compromises.

These compromises might involve the shape of the breasts and the quality of scars. Smaller incisions may require more gathering of the skin and more tension on the closure which can often result in unattractive scars. Failure to remove excess skin can often result in distortion of the breast shape and residual breast sag.

For these reasons, great care needs to be taken when choosing the best treatment option for any particular patient. In your case it may depend on your aesthetic goals and willingness to make compromises. It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in the area. This surgeon should be able to make an appropriate recommendation for your condition. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Benelli breast lift and 270 cc breast implants may work well for you.

+1
Thank you for your question.  An examination in person is required to give you an accurate answer.  From your limited photographs, it appears that a Benelli lift and 270 cc high profile implants may work very well with you.  Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast lift surgery, and who is an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast lift/augmentation

+1

The best approach to your case if you do not want to change the implant size and only want to do the breast lift would be the lolipop mastopexy.  If this is not acceptable, then the donut pexy or Benelli lift is an option.  The problem is that your skin envelop must be tightened either by increasing your implant size (if that is acceptable) or decreasing the skin envelope volume.  Each approach has its positives and negatives and this should be discussed with your ps to find out what approach fits your goals.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a Benelli breast lift

+1

With proper implant selection and quality of your breast tissue you may be a candidate for a Benelli type doughnut mastopexy.  This type of lift works best if you are only removing areolar skin.  Also know that this type of breast lift has the highest rate of patient dissatisfaction if it is pushed too far.  I think you are a better candidate for a vertical type breast lift. 

Breast Lift Type?

+1

Based on your pictures,  you will likely be better off with a vertical mastopexy. The  degree of lifting you will achieve with the circumareolar mastopexy is very limited and tends to flatten the breast profile. Most patients undergoing breast lift surgery are willing to trade the scars for the significant improvement in contour, shape, pressed positioning.  Longevity of the operation should also be considered.

WHAT TYPE OF LIFT?

+1

Your question is difficult to answer.  I am missing too much important information to allow me to make an honest recommendation.  First off what is your bra size?  What bra size would you like to be?  If you are happy with your current volume then you need at least a lollipop lift. In your case a periareolar lift would be worthless.  Measurements of your breasts would be helpful as well as the volume of your breast implants.  I would recommend you consult with the surgeon who performed your original surgery.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Lift with silicone

+1

The less breast tissue a patient has the more important it is to do silicone.you could have a Benelli or donut mastopexy plus hi profile or moderate profile silicone implants.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon