I Had a Reduction 12 Years Ago, Am I a Good Candidate For Mentor Gel Implants?

I had a breast reduction 12 years ago and now im thinking of getting mentor gel implants behind the muscle. I am currently 32B and was thinking of getting 275cc (not sure if this will be too big) considering i dont mind my size, i just want some fullness back. But my main concern is, am i more likely to have something go wrong since i already has surgery? Should i get them or no?

Breast Implants after Breast Reduction Surgery

+2

It is not unusual to perform breast augmentation surgery for a patient who has previously had breast reduction and/or breast lifting surgery. 

For patients planning on breast augmentation surgery...it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Please make sure you're working they will ask its board certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate lots of examples of his/her work helping patients like yourself.

Smart lady

+1
Yes you are correct previous breast reduction can change the blood supply to the nipple so if you are having a lift the surgeon needs to plan for this accodingly I like to try and get the old oeprative note to give me every piece of information possible to make the correct treatment plan
GOOD LUCK

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Implants after reduction OK?

+1

Yes it will not cause any problems with sub-muscular implants. Many other patients have had to go this route also. A skin reduction is necessary on many patients prior to implants in order to get a perfect shape without having to go too big.

Dr. Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Breast Augmentation

+1

The short answer to your question is: yes, you can be a candidate for breast augmentation.  But for any specific recommendations, a physical exam is required to determine 1) breast size/dimensions 2) degree of breast sagging if present, 3) location of current reduction scars and 4) quality of skin.   Please visit with a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.  Best of luck.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation after reduction

+1

It would have been nice for you to not need to do this after a reduction but it would probably be possibel to put implants under the muscle to regain some fullness.  Photos would have helped but the best pla is to seek in person consultations and get experienced advice.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS