Mentor 450cc Mod+ or Allergen Naturelle Style 15 457cc. Which One For Natural Look For an Active Woman?

I want a VERY natural look - essentially to fill up the remaining skin envelope from the volume loss from bf. I don't want people to know that I had anything done. I am quite active and didn't want them to get the way. My PS said either could be used to achieve my desired look, and it was up to me one which "felt" better. I have lost upper pole fullness and have mod ptosis - no lift needed, just BA with some profile to "lift". My BWD 13.5, ribcage 27", weight 140lbs, height 5'6". Please advise

Natural Breast Augmentation

+4

Your choices have little difference between them, and one would not be any more natural than the other.  In fact, their dimensions are nearly identical, and you could probably have one in your right breast and the other in your left breast and not tell the difference! (Of course, no one would do that!)

I would like to propose other choices in size and profiles.  I am uncertain what would be truly appropriate for you without a physical exam, although you were quite descriptive of your dimensions. In general, the smaller the implant, the less obvious that implant will be inside the breast and the more natural your breast will appear.  Additionally, the lower the profile of the implant, the less full the upper pole appears.  There is another system of determining implant size that is based on lower profile implants.  With a bwd of 13.5, your nominal volume would be 350 cc.  Given other measurements on your breast, this number could rise to 400cc.

You did capitalize the word VERY, so I am assuming that natural trumps overall size in your priority list.  If I am not mistaken, then you will find a smaller, flatter implant to serve you better.

One important note I would like to mention.  I noticed you mentioned you have moderate ptosis. If your nipple is above your inframammary fold, than it doesn't matter whether you choose a low or intemediate profile implant (low = moderate/style 10; intemediate = moderate plus/style 15), and you should have a very nice result.  However, if your nipple is below your inframammary fold, neither implant volume or implant profile will save you from having an unatural, persistantly sagging breast after surgery.  In that case, I would strongly recommend a breast lift.  Once again, I haven't the benefit of a physical exam, and I'm just trying to cover all bases.

I hope this was helpful and I wish you the best of luck!

Natural look and implants

+3

Without an exam, it is difficult to offer suggestions. However, the more tissue you have and the smaller implants you have placed, the more natural they will look.

Implant profile won't "lift" you

+3

It is a misconception that you can achieve a lift with an implant regardless of profile.  In fact, the more profile you use without doing a surgical lift, the more dramatically low the nipples will look as the upper pole gets fuller.  Also, a "natural" look comes from the moderate profile implants, not the moderate plus or the HP ones.  These have permanent upper pole fullness beyond what nature can make.  I'd suggest that you revisit the doctor, consider moderate profiles and you can decide after 6 months if the breasts look good enough without a lift.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Advice....

+2

My opinion is different than the opinion of your PS.

If you are looking for a result that will look "natural" and "nobody will be able to tell" - it won't be with a 450 cc implant at 140 lbs and 5'6.  These will make you about 2 cup sizes larger...and I think that will be quite obvious.

Also, if you really have moderate ptosis, an implant is just going to give you a larger, but still droopy breast.  Additionally, the extra weight of the implant may make further stretching of the skin a possibility.

As for the choice of these two implants, they are essentially identical.  They weigh about a pound each...that might be a lot if you like to jog!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Breast Implant sizing

+2

I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS