Would Mentor 325cc HP be a good choice for me or 300cc HP? (photo)

Height 5'5" Weight 108 BWD 11.1 Rib Cage 30 Pre BA 34 small B The 300cc HP is my exact BWD. The 325cc is 11.4

I am not sure if there is much difference. Thank you for your help!

Breast Enhancement

+1
I have found you can go up and down by 0.5cm without too much of an effect or a noticeable difference so I think the larger of the two would be the safest choice

Implant volume and cup size

+1
At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 300 cc implants would take you up 3 cup sizes to a DD. This size implant may not fit retro-pectoral, may extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
There isn't much of a difference between those sizes - you likely won't notice the difference.  A thorough sizing session is needed.  

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast aug

+1
Thank you for the picture.

I believe that the best choice of implant would be the 325 cc.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation size

+1
In my own practice we keep silicone gel implants of all sizes available for patients to try on in a testing bra. This is not a perfect teaching tool because under the muscle implants tend to lose some projection, but because my patients look it actual implants on their frame I find it the most helpful.

I encourage my patients to bring a friend or friends for a second or third opinion, and to bring a few different shirts.

I suggest as you look at implants you think about the relationship between the width of the breast and the width of the shoulders and hips. Two wide will make you look top heavy, too narrow will make the breasts look like torpedoes. I personally like to see the outer curve the breast have balance with the curve of the hip.

Once we hone in on the right diameter we then look at the projection of the breast which changes the cup size. At the correct diameter we can use a high moderate or low profile implant depending upon the patients goals.
Depending upon the starting situation, and the degree of droop we adjust accordingly.

Photographs of your goals are helpful, but they don't always tell the whole story. They don't always let you know a height and width of the entire patient.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

300cc or 325cc

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.

When it comes to deciding which implant size would be best for you there are many factors at play. You have included a significant amount of information, but a recommendation of this specificity can not be made without an in person examination and measurement. To answer your question though, there is VERY little difference between a 300 and 325cc implant. When I perform breast augmentation on my patients, I have sizers in multiple sizes available in the operating room. So if I were deciding between 300 and 325cc for you, I'd have both those sizers in the OR and I'd try both on you and decide which looked better before putting the final permanent implants in. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Difference in 325cc and 300cc Breast Implant Sizes

+1
The difference in these two sizes, 25cc, is about 2 tablespoons of fluid. My patients try on several sizes of implants during their preoperative appointment so that they are comfortable with the look of the implant. They usually comment that they do not see much difference. In addition, most women do not have exactly the same size breasts so it is very possible that you may achieve the look you want but end up with one implant that is 300cc and the other 325cc to achieve symmetry. I would encourage you to try on the two sizes, and even the smaller and larger implants so that you see the differences. I hope this helps!

Mark E. Mason, MD

300 cc or 325 cc high profile implant will likely be appropriate for you.

+1
Thank you for your question.  Understand that a formal consultation and examination and person and measurements of your breast and chest as well as a breast implant sizing system evaluation is necessary to give you a proper answer.

That said however 300 or 325 cc high profile implants are often used in a patient with the appearance of your photograph and should be reasonable.   Please see a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast surgery, and has excellent reputation and your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS