Mentor 1600 Moderate Profile - Can You Overfill 225cc Implant to 265cc?

Overfilling implants

+1

Overfilling a saline implant is certainly possible and sometimes performed for patients with minimal volume asymmetries.  It also helps with rippling sometimes.

Overfill 225cc Implant to 265cc

+1

Of course you can overfill the implant past the recommended volume of maximum fill. But than the warranty will be voided. So I would NEVER recommend this action. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Overfill of implants.

+1

Dr. Yuan has elegantly summarized my concerns as well. If it can be done, should it be done. Generally speaking overfill by 10% is considered reasonable. Beyond that, you will see distortions of the dimensions for which the implant fill was originally designed. This can produce scalloping of the edges as well.

Overfill Mentor 1600

+1

Can you overfill? Yes. Is it advisable? No. The maximum fill volume recommended is 250cc. Putting in more fluid will not necessarily make the implant larger, just more firm and could lead to increased risk of leakage and voiding of your warranty. 

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD