What Type of Lift Will Best Suit my Breasts? Could I Get a Small Implant to Get Upper Pole Fullness & a Rounded Look? (photo)

36D bra. 5'6" 180lbs. 27yo. 2children

What kind of breast lift to achieve roundness and upper pole fullness

+2

Surgeons have their bread and butter procedures and are good at them, whether its the vertical or anchor technique.  If you want less scar, find a surgeon who is proficient with the vertical technique.  Implants will make your fuller and if you go large enough, wider as well.

Lift and implants

+2

There are variations of lifts that might be suitable when you undergo a lift and implant procedure.  This can include a vertical lift( lollipop incision) or a "T" incision.  Just from the photos I do not think that a circumareola is enough but an exam in person is essential.

Breast Lift/Augmentation

+2

Thanks for the photos.  You definitely have both loss of upper pole volume and drooping (ptosis) of both breasts.  You would be a perfect candidate for a moderate sized implant and a lift (mastopexy).  A full Weiss (Anchor) mastopexy would probably be necessary to provide the optimum shape, as well as a long lasting result.  Good luck!

Bruce J. Cusenz, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a breast lift / augmentation

+2

You would be a candidate for a breast lift / augmentation.  The type of breast lift, vertical vs. anchor type will depend on your degree of skin laxity and the overall length of your breasts.  An examination by an experienced plastic surgeon would be beneficial.  

The best operation to achieve your goals is an augmentation mastopexy

+2

I think your breast shape would be better after an augmentation mastopexy.  You seem to have a good deal of skin laxity and volume loss.  The nipple and areolar complex has dropped below your submammary fold.   The breast mound would be enhanced by placing an implant to improve upper breast and lateral breast fullness.  In my opinion, the excess width and length of your breast as well as the location of the nipple and areola would be best corrected by a breast lift which would leave scars around the areola, from the bottom of the areola to the submammary fold, and perhaps along the fold.  You would be improving your breast shape, and the trade-off would be the scarring. 

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Lift Will Best Suit my Breasts? Could I Get a Small Implant to Get Upper Pole Fullness & a Rounded Look?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes, I think you will benefit from breast lifting/augmentation surgery. Most likely  the breast lift will involve a vertical mastopexy or Weiss  pattern mastopexy. You will do well by achieving a long-term stable weight, unless you are already there, prior to proceeding with surgery.

You are also correct in that the use of breast implants will likely be necessary to achieve “fullness and roundness”. Depending on your goals, best demonstrated with the help of goal pictures, it may require more than a “small implant” to achieve the goals you are trying to achieve.

Patients who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery should understand that this combination surgery is significantly more complex than either one of the procedures done separately. In other words, the combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately.

Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increased with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.  This revisionary rate may be as high (or higher) than 20%. Patients should be aware of this higher revisionary rate;  obviously, the need for additional surgery, time off work/life  considerations,  and additional expenses  our “factors” that should be considered before undergoing the initial operation.

Personally, I find that the breast augmentation/lifting procedure to be one of the most challenging  of the breast operations I perform, even compared to somewhat complex revisionary breast surgery. On the one hand,  when performing breast augmentation/lifting surgery we are increasing the breast  size with breast implants;  on the other hand, we are reducing the breast “envelope” in order to achieve the breast lift. These two “forces” must be balanced as perfectly as possible in order to achieve the desired results. Removing too much skin/ breast tissue is problematic;  removing too little breast skin/tissue can also be problematic.  Remember also that patients presenting for breast lifting surgery and general have lost some skin elasticity/thickness making potential incision line healing problems and/or recurrent drooping/sagging important concerns to communicate.  

Make sure you educate yourself about the “trade-offs” associated with breast lift surgery, including the presence of scars. Most patients who are carefully selected and are doing the operation at the right time of their lives psychosocially, are willing to  except the trade-offs for the improvement in breast (and nipple/areola) positioning on their chest walls.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery/lifting ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

+1

Based upon the posted photos you need a full lifting of the breasts. Yes a small impact could n=be used or Fat grafting to the upper poles. 

Try mastopexy augmentation 5th generation technique plus a lypo in your axilas

+1

his fantastic modern technique  has many  advantages over another breasts lift augmentation a.- do not  fall down again b.- any viscible scar except on upper areola tissues d.-do not  affect sensibility  and  future lactancy e.- the most important prevent breasts  cancer

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and uplift

+1

From the posted photos it is clear that you have assymetrical and saggy breasts. Your Nipple areola complexes are below your infra mammary fold , therefore you have stage 2 or 3 of breast ptosis ( sagginess). Using a mid/high silicon implants are going to enhance your breasts and would give you some lift , however is not going to be enough. You are a canddidate to have a conventional uplift with inverted T incision to get the optimum results.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon