Rhinoplasty: Nose Widening with Smile, Wide Nostrils, Bulbous Tip, Short Bridge. What Needs to Be Done and Average Cost? (photo)

My nose isnt awful when Im not smiling, but when I smile or widen my mouth my nose gets much larger/wider. The tip is big, but I have a short bridge. If I were to only get a weir ex. would my nose not be proportional? What would need to be done and estimated cost for this?My cheek is contributing to the width too when I smile so would the rhino help? I also have sinus problems, is there any way this could be combined in surgery to help with the insurance cost and not having two surgeries done?

Rhinoplasty: Nose Widening with Smile, Wide Nostrils, Bulbous Tip, Short Bridge. What Needs to Be Done and Average Cost?

+1

Sinus surgery can be performed in conjunction with rhinoplasty.  The alar base reduction will give the illusion of a widened tip.  You will want the tip reduced as well.  The bridge height can be improved as well if necessary.  The cost of the rhinoplasty would probably be $5000 at the low end and $10000 at the high end, based upon location and surgeon experience.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Photos

+1

Please either post full face and close up front, side and base views...as well as close up front, side and base views.....at rest and smiling.

Phillip Langsdon, MD
Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weir or alarplasty incisions will only narrow the nostrils not the tip of the nose

+1

To reduce the tip of a nose, cartilage is often removed and/or sutures used to narrow and refine the tip. For wide nasal tips and nostrils, this can be done in conjunction with alarplasty.

To achieve a more refined nose as in the example posted, both would need to be done.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

+1

Over the internet a very poor forum to make surgical decisions. Best to see a few boarded rhinoplasty surgeons. Fee from $4,500 to $8,500. 

rhinoplasty and sinus issues

+1

An alar-plasty alone will not address all your concerns regarding  your nose. The alar-plasty procedure will only narrow the nostrils from the base view. It will not narrow the tip or the remaining portion of the nose. A cosmetic rhinoplasty would address narrowing and refining the tip, nostrils, and the bridge. Sinus related issues can be addressed at the same time as the rhinoplasty. A CAT scan of the sinuses will be required to document nasal polyps and endoscopic sinus surgery is required to remove them. The sinus related component is billed to the patient's medical insurance for medical necessity, while they cosmetic component is billed to the patient. Cost for a rhinoplasty ranges between $7-$8000. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try out.

Full rhinoplasty for proportional results

+1

The Wier adjustment alone is not likely to give you the result you are after for a more slender and projected nasal tip. Our guess is a full rhinoplasty is your best option to give your nose the best proportion and balance. Insurance coverage for sinus issues? We would bet against that one as well.

Rhinoplasty for the wide tip, etc.

+1

The tip and width can be narrowed but your nose will always be wider when u smile. The narrowing of the tip and alar base will improve the appearance of your nose. Average cost is $7500.

Wide Nostrils, Bulbous Tip

+1

Your tip  can be narrowed and defined along with decreasing the width of the nasal base using Weir incisions. I cannot comment on your bridge with the picture you submitted - a profile view is necessary. If your sinus problems will be treated surgically this can be done at the same time.