Do I Need Not to Lose Weight Before Bbl? (photo)

I'm 34 years old, 5'2' and weigh 195lbs. AA woman with no children. Have started process to loosing weight. Looking forward to investing in Lipo in my stomach, back and under chin and transfer fat to butt/ BBL. Although my butt isn't flat it has develop dimples and has dropped and I no longer see my hips. Would like a lift and rounder. Q1. Do I need not to loose weight to have enough fat for bbl? Q2. Would loosing weight save me a few dollars on procedure? Q3. Suggestion on surgeons in TN?

BBL answers

+1

Hello My humble opinion is you should lose some weight and not only for abtter results, but mainly for safety reasons and reduce risk during and after surgery. In my opinion 150-160 lbs will be perfect as preop weight. And definitely it will be more than enough fat to harvest for fat grafting. FG does not help on cellulite surface, but losing weight will, I discovered for fact ;) Losing weight will improve your result, your health and a great start for a awesome shape, and I would definitely consider to reduce the quote. Have a great journey through the PS one!!! Dr. Carmina Cardenas

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Myths about BBL

+1

Thank you for joining Teambooty!  I must first dispel the misconception that a BBL will correct your dimples (cellulite).  There is a chance that the dimpling will improve.  There is also a chance that it will remain the same and a lesser chance that it will worsen.  Fat transfer is not a treatment for cellulite.  Directly regarding your questions; Q1 At your current height and weight there is plenty of donor material for your BBL.  If you were to lose 20 lbs, there would still be plenty of donor material for your BBL.  Q2 Losing weight will not likely save you any money.  You would still need the same areas liposuctioned and the operative time will not be significantly changed.  Q3 The American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons are both good reference sources for finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD