I'm Having a Breast Reduction and Lift, Tummy Tuck and Liposuction on my Inner Thighs 9/17? How Long Will I Be in Bandages?

I want to go down to a 34 DD and get my waist down to 29 in. I currently am 65" tall and weigh 169. I'm 44 years old. Is that safe an possible?

Mommy Makeover Recovery

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.  The combination of a breast procedure, tummy tuck and lipo is commonly referred to as a mommy makeover.  It can be very effective in restoring your contour.  The recovery is a bit more involved that doing the procedures separately. If you are in good health, it should be feasible and safe.  Final waist size and breast size cannot be completely guaranteed.  Dressing and garment regimens differ from surgeon to surgeon so you will need to discuss specifics with your surgeon.  You can expect swelling to last about 3-4 months with most of it resolving in the first month.  Scars take 12-18 months to mature.  It takes 6 weeks to return to exercise. The average patient needs 2-3 weeks for recovery.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

TUMMY TUCK

+2

You are having a lot of surgery, although safe you will be very sore probably for almost a month after surgery

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

How Long Will I Be in Bandages?

+2

Looks like you are going to get a great result. It is impossible for a surgeon to tell you what cup size you will be or how many inches around. As you can tell from other consultants, each surgeon is quite different in post op care so you will need to go to your surgeon with the bandage question. None of us will know what he does.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Recovery After Mommy Makeover

+2

The Mommy Makeover involves a combination of several differing plastic surgical procedures; it is not a set group of operations. Most often, the "makeover" involves a breast lift (mastopexy) and tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). Other additional operations involved range from breast augmentation (implants) to labiaplasty (vaginal rejuvenation). Liposuction is also commonly employed in the mommy makeover group of procedures.  Generally, the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) requires the greatest amount of recovery. While patients can be up and walking immediately after surgery, a 6 week recovery period prior to engaging in vigorous exercise is advised. For breast lifts and liposuction, 4 weeks of exercise avoidance is recommended. While postoperative bandages are generally removed on the first or second postoperative day, some Plastic Surgeons utilize compression garments that remain in place for up to 6 weeks. This is particularly important in cases of liposuction to avoid the risks of seroma (fluid collections).

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Combined procedures

+1

Multiple procedures can be done safely, but it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done.  On longer cases, an overnight stay may be recommended.  Please talk to your plastic surgeon to get their thoughts on the matter as they are most familiar with your medical history and overall health status.  

Please confirm that your plastic surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon specifically by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Remember, safety first.  You can always come back and fight another day.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Garment questions status post surgery

+1

Every doctor has different protocols but mine is as follows.   After a breast lift or reduction I usually remove the dressing the day after surgery and place my patient in a bra.  The abdominoplasty dressings are removed on day 4 or 5 and then placed in a binder or liposuction garment for 8 weeks.  

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Dressings after surgery

+1

This is a question for your plastic surgeon.  Every plastic surgeon will have a different protocol depending upon the degree of your skin elasticity and skin quality.  In general I would expect to be in a surgical bra and abdominal binder for 2 - 4 weeks.