Should I Get a Breast Lift? Which Kind of Lift? (photo)

I am 21 years old and I am thinking about getting a breast lift. I have done a lot of research as to which would be best for me. So far the one that has stuck out to me is the Ultimate lift but I am not sure. I'm 5'10" 38F, about 220 lbs. I plan on losing weight to get down to 170. When i was at the weight I was a little bigger than DD What do you recommend? I still want to maintain a large bust. *I have not have kids and dont plan on it for a while* but still not sure if i should wait or not

What kind of breast lift

+2

Your photo shows a breast droop with the nipple off the bottom of a very full breast, perhaps an H-cup. The nipple actually falls below your elbow. We are in favor of a vertical lift for most if possible, however we are concerned with weight loss you will still be at least a DDD, and the skin envelope will be so full that a 'T' reduction, yes reduction, will give you the best shape and the DD you wish for. Lose weight first and see how things are.

Minimal scar breast lift

+2

Kristi, If you like the size of your breasts in a bra, a breast lift will lift you and keep the size. I only do vertical scar breast lifts for any size breast. With my technique, you will have roundness and fullness at the center and top. There is no need for a horizontal scar. I use your own tissue to build the center ank keep the fullness where you want it most. Thanks, Luis Vinas MD  

Luis A. Vinas, MD

The Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

The traditional technique used to lift and reduce breasts is the Wise pattern or inverted T.  This procedure was developed in 1956 and used the skin envelope to provide the lift.  Unfortunately, the skin has inadequate strength to maintain the lift (particularly in large breasts) and the breasts descend, bottoming out.  This technique depends on the inferior breast tissue pedicle to supply the nipple and consequently numbness frequently occurs.  Breast feeding is often compromised because the technique cuts many of the ducts to the nipple.  The other technique used to lift large breasts require removal of the nipple and replacement as a graft.  The lower breast is amputated and an implant is required to fill the upper breast.  Unfortunately, the nipple will be permanently numb and breast feeding is impossible.  Dissatisfaction with the traditional technique has led to the development of new alternatives, The Ultimate Breast Lift and The Ultimate Breast Reduction.  Over the past 12 years, these techniques have evolved to eliminate the unsatisfactory results of the past.  Both techniques use the excess skin to create an internal bra that transfers the breast weight to the underlying muscle.  This allows women to maintain the large breasts that they desire without breast pain.  The technique maintains nipple sensitivity and breast feeding since no pedicle is required.  Upon completion, the scars are hidden at the areola-skin junction and in the inframammary fold, eliminating the unattractive vertical scars.  Each patient's physical measurements and desired outcome are used to design a blue print specific for each patient or each breast, if asymmetrical.  The Ultimate Breast Reduction is identical to The Ultimate Breast Lift except additional breast tissue is removed to reduce the cup size.  I recommend The Ultimate Breast Lift because it will create the beautiful breasts that you desire.  There will no unattractive vertical scars, nipple sensation is maintained and you can breast feed.  The breast will be reduced to your desired 38 D, which is proportionate to your body size.  The internal bra provdies long term mechanical support and eliminates breast pain.  Weight loss will decrease the cup size but the internal bra mainatins support.  The Ultimate Breast Lift and The Ultimate Breast Reduction combine mathematics, engineering and plastic surgery to achieve the beautiful breasts that women deserve.  Plastic surgery is human engineering.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

It Depends On What Size/Shape You'll Be After You Reach Your Goal Weight

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph. You should definitely wait until you reach your goal of 170lbs before you undergo the procedure for this important reason:
You won't know how large your breasts will be after you reach 170. Even though you were previously at that weight and believe you were a DD, there's no guarantee that you will be that size again. You may be bigger or smaller. If you get the surgery done now, you may remove too little or too much, and you probably won't be happy with your results. Consider the time and money you invest in surgery, not to mention everything that is related to surgery (i.e. the risks) - is it worth possibly having to do it twice? 
Judging from your photo, you'll most likely benefit most from an anchor lift. After you reach your goal weight, you may also need reduction to achieve your desired contour.
Good luck!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Should I Get a #BreastLift? Which Kind of Lift? (photo) ANS:

+1

I haven't really heard of the "Ultimate Lift" either but I think you will need/want a Breast Reduction at some point. The question really is when you think you want to do it. At 21, you are pretty young and that is a big operation that might make breast feeding impossible and if you weight changes over the next few years you may need another breast operation. But I really think a classic Breast Reduction is in your future sometime.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Breast Lift? Which Kind of Lift?

+1

A LIFT? Based upon the posted photo you need a reduction/lift, the inverted T incision. Best to be seen in person by a boarded PS in your city. 

Breast treatment plan

+1

I would first recommend you hold off on your breast procedure until you have achieved your goal weight.  If you opt for the procedure now and then you lose an addition 30-50 lbs, your breasts may change and you may need additional surgery.If you are happy with your volume and your primary concern is sagging, I think you would likley benefit from just a breast lift.  The basic principle with any breast lift is that you have to accept some degree of scar to achieve that much better shape and form.  There are several breast lift techniques out there that will help you achieve a great result.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+1

If you are planning on losing weight, I would wait until you aha reached your goal. Often the breasts get smaller and usually sag more.

Mastopexy is not answer for large breasts, breast reduction is.

+1

At your breast size of 38 F, you can not be lifted without reducing size of your breasts.  You are sagging because of weight of your breasts and trying to lift without addressing the reason for your sag will fail to provide success.

You need breast reduction. Lift happens as part of contouring.   

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast Lift Type

+1

I have been in practice for 15 years and have never heard the term Ultimate Lift used by any surgeon in my community or at any meeting.  I suspect it is a marketing term only.  As everyone here has stated, you will need a full breast lift/reduction to achieve a good breast shape.

Donald Griffin, MD