6 Weeks PO from FTT. Low Grade Fever Around 100 for the Past 4 Days. Any Ideas What This Could Be? (photo)

I've had my right side to open completely & with wound care & silverlon it's starting to heal. For the pass for days I've had a low grade fever from 99-100.5. PS says its normal but I'm having chills & very bad body aches and some tenderness near my. Any ideas what could be causing the fever. I wouldn't worry but the chills & body aches are getting the best of me. It also feels like my lymph-nodes are are swollen under my right arm & the right side of my neck & under my arms are sore to touch.

6 Weeks PO from FTT. Low Grade Fever Around 100 for the Past 4 Days. Any Ideas What This Could Be?

+2

You may need a complete workup for blood borne infection. Seek immediate care and notify your PS, "You do not feel right!" That should light a fire to him/her. 

Change in physical symptoms with an open wound

+2

It appears that your open wound is healing but there is always the chance that you can come in contact with an invasive bacteria.  This can cause you to have the symptoms that y you are describing.  You should contact your plastic surgeon and let him know about the change in your condition. 

Tummy Tuck Incision Breakdown

+2

Thank you for your photo.  You have wound breakdown with unhealthy infected tissue in the depth of the wound.  This needs attention.  The wound needs removal of the unhealthy tissue and dressings to allow the wound to heal spontaneously.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Wound breakdown

+1

I am so sorry that you are having some difficulty healing.  Amazingly, you will eventually heal very well.  For now, please make sure your surgeon is aware of the fever and has seen your wound recently.  I believe he/she will know what to do for you.  I have to add that if your surgeon is not a board certified Plastic Surgeon, you should consult with one. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Low-grade fever after mommy makeover

+1

Sorry to hear that you are having a fever and do not feel good.  Based on your photo, you have a partially granulating wound.  I don't see any surrounding redness.  However, your fever may be from 1) wound, 2) your respiratory tract, 3)cold, or 4) urine, etc. You should see your plastic surgeon or go to  ER to be worked-up for fever/chills.  Good luck to you.

Sugene Kim, MD